Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Time to Checkout Temu! (Discount at the End!)

Have you seen ads everywhere for the Temu app? I have. At first I thought it would all just be cheap junk from overseas that took too long to arrive. So I ignored them all with a bit of annoyance. But...

Well, the girls and I have been making a lot of things for the dolls. We have also been watching videos of other doll enthusiasts who make things. Some of them have been testing the waters with Temu. Not everything inspires confidence. However, I decided to take the plunge and see what was worth it. As well as what falls short of expectations. So dive in with me! 

My first order

I say first as I tentatively consider making another order. I have wanted doll clothes that inspire realistic looks. My daughters and I have a tendency to do doll photography when we can. With the colder weather, we came to realize that our dolls just don't have the types of clothes meant for that weather. After all, Barbie is from Malibu. Unless she went to a resort somewhere, chances are good she doesn't see snow. Or anything below 60 degrees. So Mattel doesn't make many winter items. This can be such a bummer! This is why I started looking on Temu to begin with. https://mktimg-us.kwcdn.com/material-image/2024-01-31/deb113ca-3216-4e0d-bc77-6941abaf3510.png?imageMogr2/thumbnail/670x360Then, as I'm browsing doll clothes, my daughters want babies for their dolls. My oldest wanted to buy some with money she earned in a cat-sitting job. Sure, why not? Add this to my search. However, this is where we learned our first lesson. Measurements mean something! The babies we ordered were NOT the right scale. I thought of them as being like the big baby in Spirited Away in comparison to your average baby dolls. Thankfully, the girls weren't too disappointed. They have great imaginations and just use them as babies that are... bigger than normal.

They were incredibly adorable! Each baby was $2.69. Hats and clothes are interchangeable, though the faces are all the same. But my daughters wanted to test that out anyhow. 

This coat is amazing! Well worth the purchase. My daughters have been asking me to get them one as well. It was $3.59 for the white one. The faux fur at the hood is incredibly soft. The tiny zipper works perfectly. I told my girls that when we finally take our out-of-state trip, we pack these so that they look like they belong in the snow zone! 

16pcs doll clothes and school toys backpack learning kit for 5 3 inch dolls 5 dresses 1 backpack 8 random color learning tools 2 pairs of pink shoes and white shoes 16pcs 6Another thing that our dolls were lacking where things that fit the smaller dolls. Those painted on clothes aren't so cute after a while. They need to be able to change. So I purchased this set for $4.49. The dresses are random, so you might get a different variety.

They are not finished around the edges, so you have to be gentle with them or you may soon find them fraying. The accessories, while cute, aren't really my style. The backpack opens and can hold almost everything in it. The straps on it are also adjustable. We found that these clothes also fit on my younger daughters My Little Pony Equestria Girls dolls!
Once she learned that, she didn't want them for the little dolls anymore. She has since asked me to get her some more too! 

The next set was this full outfit. The beanie has Home Made on it. The sweater can be worn as a short dress on the doll, or accompanied by something on the legs. It has a little Love embellishment on one shoulder. They send you the thigh high stockings, though my pair came apart at the seams on the first use. It also comes with cute little boots/sneakers. They fit well on the dolls. I bought the grey for me and my older daughter. The younger girl wanted pink. Great thing about Temu is that I can request a refund for the amount that they changed the price for! So, for this one, I spent $2.14 each. But now they are only about $1.93. So they refunded the difference to my account. Since I'm thinking about putting in another order, I requested it back in credit. This way I can just apply it to my next order! 

Final results are in...

This really was to test the waters. Everything that comes from Temu may not be what you hoped. But then other things might be better than you had hoped! My girls and I are excited about trying again. Who knows what we will show you next time? Maybe you can even request something for me to test out in comparison to the various dolls we have? Leave me a comment below! 

As promised....

I have a code that can help you save on your purchase! If you just want to copy the code: acd220483. But if you want to go the easier route, here is my link: https://temu.to/m/uqnvoeqksvu. 

I might earn store credit if you use it to purchase something. Honestly, I'm still learning how that works! But if it helps you save a little, that is plenty for me. 

What is something you have always wondered about getting from Temu? Let me know in the comments below! Better yet, have you purchased from them? Was it a positive experience?? Tell me about it!

2 comments:

  1. That’s good just be careful Temu along with shein have been found to steal your account info and sell So be with a bank who can sort that out is buying from them Also I have bought from them and their stuff isn’t bad

    ReplyDelete