Saturday, February 3, 2024

From Goodwill Frame to a Frozen Shadowbox!

I saw this frame at the Goodwill for $1.99. My first thought was not about inserting a photo. Far from it! I was thinking of making another shadowbox for Disney Doorables. I've created two others before.

This time, would be with the Frozen characters, Ana and Elsa. I also had a tiny snowman that we met in Frozen Fever where Elsa got sick. Remember that? Every time she sneezed, tiny snowmen were formed! I had gotten one from a clearanced Color Reveal figure set that I bought for my daughters. They loved the little dolls that came in those sets. But they are too big for something like this project. So here we go! Let's get crafting! 

The base

This is supposed to be a frame. Had this raised glitter outline of a city skyline on the back and 2 sides.

That wouldn't fit an Ana and Elsa look. So I painted over it. I was going for a dark blue, but.... well, the color came out very dark. Depending on the light hitting it, you might see some blue. Otherwise it kinda looked black. But overall, I think it will work still, so I'm moving on. 

I painted the inside as well. The top to look like a sky with clouds, the bottom to look like snow.

Forgive me for not taking pictures through each stage, but I kinda tackled it quickly. I had the snowflake buttons to glue on the back wall. The rocks on either side are from a string of rock beads from the craft store. After touching up the black on the outsides, I added the phrase, "Love is putting someone else's needs before yours."
Then it was ready for the Doorables! The little lizard (the fire spirit from Frozen 2) was also from the Color Reveal set. It is deformed a bit, so I'm debating on gluing him in place instead of just letting his tail stick in the rocks to keep him in place.

Eventually, I'd like to add hardware to the back that will make it hangable for the wall. Not bad for a quick put together!

2 comments:

  1. Such a cool craft This would be great for daycares and things like that

    ReplyDelete