Monday, December 4, 2023

That's Not a Hat!

Ravensburger - do you know that name? If not, let me introduce you!

*Disclaimer - I was sent these products for free in exchange for hosting a party and posting my reviews. I was not otherwise paid or endorsed. All opinions are my own or those of my guests.*

Ravensburger is a name you might see on some games, toys and puzzles. They are a family-owned company that has been making games since 1883!

They sent me two games to showcase. One is called That's Not a Hat. This is the one I focused on. The other was Strike, which I gave away as a door prize. Both can be found on the Ravensburger website. Don't worry, I'll have links below! 

That's Not a Hat

That's Not a Hat was truly fun, even through it's challenging play. We had to read through the instructions a couple times, but overall we loved the laughter! It is about having the ability to remember all your "gifts" or be able to bluff when you forget. For us older ones... we forgot, but we dusted off those bluffing skills like champs! 

I highly suggest watching this how-to-play video before you try playing. Makes it a lot easier! 

The official information on the game is:
That's Not a Hat - Wrap and regift objects in this deceptively simple card game of having the world’s best memory... or convincing everyone you do! Was that gift a hat, a bucket, or a traffic cone?! Play this “unforgettable” bluffing game with friends and family for fun, laughter, and a dash of madcap mayhem. As cards or gifts are flipped face down and passed around the table, players must memorize the object on each card or bluff their confidence as they pass the unwanted gift to someone else. Avoid getting caught declaring the wrong object or gain penalty points. The player with the least points at the end wins!

Recommended Age: 8+ 

Great for parties!

Number of Players: 3 - 8

15 minutes playtime

Includes: A rule book and 110 cards with simple illustrations for maximum
memorization chaos.

I've done a few of their puzzles over the years. But want to know a game I loved that they put out? My mom sent me this one before... Under their ThinkFun products, you can find the Cold Case Files. I have done A Pinch of Murder with my husband. It was so much fun!

Where can you find these games for yourself?

So glad you asked! As I mentioned above, you can go directly to the Ravensburger website. But there are other options of places you can look for the games at.

That's Not a Hat: 

Ravensburger has it for $10.99.

Barnes & Noble had it too for the same price. 

Amazon was the same price.

Strike: 

Ravensburger has it for $24.99. 

Walmart has them for the same price. 

Amazon was the same price. 

What do you think? Was this a great game option? I'll be looking forward to hearing from you in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting I’m glad someone can give insight so we can know what they are about These will make great Christmas presents!!

    ReplyDelete