Sunday, December 11, 2022

Christmas Gifts for the Doll Lovers

I have been keeping really busy preparing for Christmas, while maintaining the day-to-day life. It hasn't been easy. And I've walked away from projects more than once.

Everything I have been putting together is while using what I have on hand. Though I'll be glad when I can take a trip to Hobby Lobby and the Dollar Tree again! My mom and little sister have been building a 1/6 scale mall. My mom found a Barbie house at a steal and has been giving it a renovation in her free time. But what to put in it? Each floor represents a different use. When she told me the plan and showed me her progress, I knew exactly what I was going to do for her! 

Mall needs! 

Malls have shops, no? So each store needs items for the customers. This is where I started making boxed products for the shelves. But let us not forget that when a customer makes a purchase, they need to be able to carry it out comfortably. So bags as well! 

 Some are simple Google finds. Or even through Pinterest

As I mentioned before, I have walked away from projects repeatedly. Fit them into brief moments of freedom. I feel like most of the time that has been after the kids went to bed. I would work while my husband gamed. 

Nightmare Before Christmas vibes

My little sister likes NBC. So I got the idea to paint these support pieces from a 3D print job and add other things that she could make her own diorama with.

I had a larger piece that came from a chair I printed. It was the perfect shape for Zero's doghouse. Then I printed pages for the floor and background that she can attach to the boards to make a mini 'room' with. I couldn't find the Jack, Sally and Zero figures I wanted in the right size. It is amazing how void stores were of characters that I had thought were a staple between Halloween and Christmas. Apparently not anymore! I also missed my chance to find her some mini pumpkins. But I had the thought that later on down the road, I will find them and send them. And she can create her own room!

Then there are my own doll creations...

But I was also distracted by my own doll decorating. My dolls are prepping their living room with all the fixings for a great (and nerdy) Christmas! 

These gift tags were at our local HEB in the Christmas decorating section. They are the perfect size for the dolls! The first one I did was in pastel colors as my daughter chose those. 

I'm working on a second one, but needed to find my tiny gears as it will be a steampunk version. Still feeling like I might be missing something else for it.

Then of course my husband gave me my gift early. A Legend of Zelda themed Christmas tree!! It even lights up!!! I LOVE this! 

Under the tree, we had to have gifts. Which meant that I needed to wrap small boxes. Mostly tiny boxes that held little things before, but are now the perfect size for the dolls to hold after wrapping them in scraps of paper.

Back to Christmas gifting!

See how easily distracted I can be?? I'd say it has been worth it. I can't wait to see the finished project that my mom and sister will have. And I wish I could see how much my little sister enjoys it. My daughters love when I make things. It makes their play time even more realistic! I plan to keep creating more things and send them as I'm able to. At least play time won't be on pause for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment