Sunday, January 30, 2022

Recipes That Are Easy, Yet Well-Loved

Cooking can be difficult for the disabled Mom. But that doesn't mean I can just stop making meals for my family. I have 2 growing boys that can eat us out of house and home. 2 girls that go through times of wanting to snack themselves into fullness. And a husband who has fallen in love with his southern brides culinary skills. I have been researching recipes that are simple, yet delicious. Things that we can all enjoy. I decided to share some of them with you. Enjoy!

Easier Lamb Plov - Kitchen CoupPlov - this one was found while researching Russia recipes as part of our studies on other countries. We like to try recipes from around the world. I will admit, we tweaked it a bit as it felt too dry for our tastes. However, this is my oldest daughters favorite when she requests meals. I even make it partially in the rice cooker. Essentially, it is rice with vegetables and beef. So I found that I can cook the rice with frozen vegetables (even added chopped frozen onion) in the rice cooker. I cook the beef on the stove top and add it all together one they finish cooking. If it is too dry, my family has discovered that they like adding a little Italian dressing over it. I would swear that if there were an apocalypse event, Italian dressing would be one thing we would need to have in our bugout bags. Along with hot sauce...

Chicken casserole - This is a no-brainer. Casseroles are anything you like, thrown together, and baked. I like doing either pasta or rice. Pasta is simpler. I cook the noodles, add cooked chopped chicken, veggies of choice, 1-2 cans of cream of (I prefer celery or chicken), seasonings of choice, and then top it all with cheese. You could add diced tomatoes. I have some kids who don't like them, so I sometimes make 2 pans and only put that in one pan for myself. Once everything is mixed and in the pans, add a sprinkling of cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees until it is all warmed up. Voila! Dinner is served.

Cheater Korean BeefKorean beef bowls - This is one of our family favorites. Super quick and easy to put together. I make this when we get beef from the Mill King Dairy. 

I've reviewed some of my other easy recipes and thought I'd re-share them as well.  

Italian Sausage and Bean soup is perfect for the chilly weather. I can't share this one with my family these days. Seems like I'm the only one who enjoys beans lately. So I like making it and splitting it into servings for reheating as a single serve meal.  

Low Sodium One-Pot Lemon Herb Chicken and Rice was a recipe that we found while trying to lessen the sodium content in our diet.

3 Ingredient Nutella Cookie recipe is a quick treat. 

Cheesy Rotini and Tuna

Ham and Cheese Roll Ups 

Cake Batter Cookies 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for these. Have you thought about seeing if you have a food bank near you? There is a girl who does videos on making a box of food from the foodbank food work for a week. She gets the box takes what they give and then has to figure out what she can make. Also uses what is already in her house. It is very interesting. Like a challenge. That might make a good blog as so many people now are hitting up the foodbanks for food these days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of that! About making foods from the food bank. We might get to the point of needing help with food soon. Especially with the boys eating so much. So far, we haven't. Good idea on another post though.

      Delete
  2. I think it will help people out when they need the foodbanks they will see a bunch of stuff and wonder what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true. Last box we got from a food bank was a while back, but was filled with things we didn't normally use for cooking. I will look into recipes for things like that.

      Delete