Saturday, March 5, 2022

Taking the Doll On a Trip

When are we too old for dolls? No, really? Not that I actually play with them, but I have been enjoying the doll photography. I even got my daughters participating with me. They love creating more realistic doll accessories with me. We painted their dollhouse and added sticker paper to the walls and floor. Then we began photographing their dolls. We play in the #Mondayfordolls Instagram event created by @bella_belladoll every chance we get. We also like looking at the posts by Grandma Gets Real. They can be hilarious. I even created my own dollstagram - ANerdsDay.

So why am I bringing this up? Well, I'm going to Israel in a little over a week (another post is coming where I show you how I pack in a carry-on only). With this, I talked my husband into letting me bring a doll. Before you start laughing at me uncontrollably - I take my doll around town too! I love doing it. The girls bring dolls in the car to play with as we drive from place to place quite often. I started carrying a camera and bringing my own doll sometimes. We try to find ways to take photos uniquely. At the park. At the library. We don't get out much. Well, now I am thinking it might be fun to get photos of the doll in another country. I'm not big on getting photos of myself (though there were will be some of those too). At first, my husband laughed when I brought it up. His grown wife carries a Barbie around. But he has seen some of the posts I have checked out. He has watched how the girls join me and we take photos together. Our 9 year old has even started practicing setting them up and taking pictures on her own! So when I mentioned it again, he actually thought it sounded like fun for me.

But now comes my dilemma! Which one do I use? My Wonder Woman doll or my Lara Croft doll. They are interchangeably "me" in doll form. Who would have thought I'd have a harder time picking the doll to take than I would on packing my clothes!


Do you think it strange that I do doll photography? Or do you find it interesting? Which doll would you take along? I'd love to hear from you, so leave me a comment below! And be watching for my next post that is coming soon. I plan to show you how I'm packing everything in a personal and carry-on only!

2 comments:

  1. I think it is good and healthy to have good legal hobbies. And you aren't the only adult doing this. The fact that you are doing this with your daughters makes it good bonding time also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I certainly think so too! It has been a lot of fun.

      Delete