Tuesday, November 9, 2021

6 Devices That Make Cooking With Disabilities Easier

My pain keeps me from enjoying a lot of things these days. Cooking and baking among them. However, I have a family to care for. So not cooking is not an option. We can't afford to eat out much. Which is why my husband and mom have invested in various devices over the years that have been very useful as my body keeps falling apart on me. If you are looking for ways to make great meals without too much effort, then keep on reading! I will be working on future posts that include a recipe for these. 

Pampered Chef Chopper - PAMPERED CHEF - FOOD CHOPPER | eBay 

My hands often hurt. It makes chopping my onions and bell peppers slow, laborious even. I often buy the frozen fajita veggie mix to use in my cooking. But sometimes a recipe works better with fresh ones. When this is the case, I use the chopper that my mom found a thrift store. You just put chunks in and push the top down. It will spin with each push as it chops them. This helps me control how finely they are chopped too. 

Popcorn maker -  

My mom sent us this as a family gift. The kids in particular love popcorn treats! This makes it so much easier, as well as healthier. We just put in the popcorn kernels and butter. Pop it in the microwave and let it work its magic. We loved it so much, my mom and sister-in-law wanted them! They are inexpensive on Amazon. Check out my previous review HERE

Waffle and pancake makers - We love having breakfast for dinner. Pancakes/waffles or biscuits, with eggs, Canadian bacon, corn beef hash, breakfast sausage and hash browns. When you have to make double batches of the pancakes/waffles, it makes so much of a difference to use ones like I have. They are both Star Wars themed to match my kitchen (I'm a big fan of the originals). Star Wars' Death Star Waffle Maker Is Real and It's No Moon - Eater 

The waffle maker I have only makes one at a time, so I usually have both going at once. The pancake maker makes 2 at a time. Star Wars Pancake Maker | TheStrangeGifts | The Best Gifts and ProductsHe found this on sale at Hobby Lobby over a holiday about a year ago, so keep your eyes open!

Crockpot - This tool is probably the best for someone who wants a slow cooked meal that only takes effort in deciding the ingredients to throw in. You can make soups, stews, meats - anything that cooks well over long times. 

Salad Shooter - This has made shredding cheese a breeze! Since having my gallbladder removed, the only cheese I can eat is mozzarella. We found it was cheaper to buy it as a block and shred it ourselves. But the hand grater I had was hard on my hands. So my husband gifted me the Salad Shooter. I could use it on other things, but haven't had a chance to just yet.

4 comments:

  1. I use several of those things. I use my chopper and salad shooter a lot. I’m not one for gadgets but can’t be without those two for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should all cook more from home for a better lifestyle. Less alergies and better tastes

    ReplyDelete