Thursday, September 9, 2021

Family Fun Night with Ecolution Microwave Popcorn Popper!

We love having family nights. Usually on nights when my husband is off. That is when we can have a treat or even watch a movie. Lately, the kids and I started watching Star Trek (my husband's favorite). Being a family of nerds, Star Wars has already been introduced. Now we are going into the more scientific version of space science fiction. And this past week, we enjoyed it even more thanks to a gift from my mom! 

What do you associate with movie night? Boxes of candy? Popcorn? Well, so do we! My mom ordered this Ecolution Microwave Popcorn Popper for us. It was so much fun. And so easy to use. To go a step further, we also bought two kinds of toppings to drizzle over the popcorn and add a touch of sweetness. 

How do you use it?

First, you need to measure out the popcorn kernels and dump them into the main pot. The lid part is where you can drop in some butter to flavor it. 

This can now go into the microwave. There are instructions included so that you know how much time you need for how much kernels. We used 2 lid-fuls and it took about 3.5 minutes. My husband and I have learned to listen for the slowing of the pops. Like magic, you have freshly popped popcorn!

You can now eat is as it, or do like we did! We grabbed Dulche de Leche creamy caramel and Unicorn toppings from the ice cream section of the store. Drizzle a little over your bowls and dig in! My husband and I used spoons (yes, it was weird). It was so good!

How much does one make? 

We made enough to make a full pot. And it was enough to feed all 6 of us, even with some of us having seconds. I've made the bag kind before, and even tried other makers. This was, by far, so much easier and efficient. We had a great time snacking down and watching Star Trek together!

Where can I get one? 

These are found on Amazon. They come in multiple colors too. For your convenience, I'm putting THIS LINK to their main page so you can see the various products they have. The one my mom got us was $12.99. You can even order the popcorn kernels from Amazon too. My mom got us this huge container of Orville Redenbacher's 8lb container of it! 

What do you think of it? Would this be something you'd use with your family and friends? Tell me about it in the comments section below. I love hearing from you guys! 

Live Long and Prosper

3 comments:

  1. How long in the microwave does it take> Does instructions tell all these details? Lately the things we have been ordering have come with instructions in foreign languages. Some I didn't even know exsists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For 2 lids full, we took about 3.5 minutes. If you have a high voltage microwave, just listen for the slowing of the popping to be your guide. That is when you know it is ready.

      Delete
    2. Oh and it had a small instruction booklet in English too!

      Delete