Thursday, December 31, 2020

Working Out in 2021 - With Zyia!

 My husband and I have agreed that in 2021, we are working out more. No excuses. No more putting it off. Together, we will push and keep to our goal. For me, personally, 40 pounds is the minimum I plan on losing next year. I know it is possible and I'm not giving up this time!


(We might not have a lot of space, but we make it work for our needs.)

And to get me started, my sister-in-law gave me a serious piece of athletic wear. She has been a rep for Zyia for a while now. She lives and breathes her belief in their products. I've been a part of her Facebook Group and watching how it works. Zyia releases products, but once they sell out, you have to wait for another release or they might just sell out for good. Her What is Zyia post sums up all you need to know to get started:

"Zyia is a quality active wear brand that can be dressed up or down and be worn in many ways! Items are sold directly off my website that I post all the time! They ship directly to you in about a week or less via USPS! Items are limited, so if you like it, order it now! Some items restock and some don’t! It says on the bottom right corner of each photo on the website if it is restocking or not! Items are newly released each Wednesday! They are posted about 11am and posted on the front page under new and favorites!"

I'm not one for athletic wear...

But I admit, her enthusiasm is contagious. This lady wears their products ALL THE TIME. She reviews them, she updates her followers on their new releases, and loves to talk about staying fit. At first, I only joined to show support for her as my sister-in-law. However, as time went by, I started to find I had more interest in what everything was. Normally, I'm a pajama pants and tee shirt girl. Buuuuut... I want to be more motivated this year. I've been working on changing up the closet. My husband likes to laugh at women who wear yoga pants all day, every day. Even when you know they aren't working out. And I tend to agree. Most of them look like they are trying too hard. I didn't want to be one of those.

HOWEVER, have you worn yoga pants?? Those things are so comfortable! Even Tim Hawkins created a song for them.
So, here's my thoughts. 

These clothes need to satisfy certain needs.

Athletic clothing needs to do something for me. Something meaningful. Something practical. Otherwise, I don't see them as a needful item, taking up space in my closet. I'm not a fitness nut. I'm a Nerd. As my blog name implies. I'm not getting fit so that I can take this blog into a new direction or to impress my audience. No. I'm doing this so that I look better in those cosplay outfits and so that I'm healthier throughout this new year.

So what do I need from athletic clothing? They need to be comfortable. I have a broken back. Literally. Jeans are excruciating for me. But I wear them when I know I will be around other people for two reasons. I do so to show that I am putting in an effort to look presentable and because I want to look good. Pajama pants aren't flattering, after all. I can't wear a sports bra. Not if I want to keep any feeling in my hands and arms. So that is one thing I won't have in my collection, but a comfortable, breathable tank top to work out in, will be. 

They need to make me feel beautiful. Hear me out on this! If I wear a shirt that makes me feel sexy, I will feel confident. And if I'm feeling confident, I'm less likely to quit and grab that chocolate bar. I'm more likely to put the hard effort in. So that I will look even sexier in this shirt. 

Love at first feel.

I currently only own the one tank top from Zyia. But it is enough to understand why my sister-in-law is in love with them. It hugs me where I want to be hugged, and hangs where I want to be loose. I'm a curvy woman, but not all my curves are where I want them to be. I might joke about having handles for my husband to hold in the bedroom, but I don't want to show them off to the outside world. This is called the Black Havana Tank.

It is so soft! I love clothing that is soft enough to wear in bed, yet is meant to be worn for anything but! The material is light, breathable and moves easily. Yet, it is also sturdy. I love the stripes! I'm able to layer it and add color. Technically, you should layeDr it with a sports bra, but as I've mentioned before that is a negative for this woman. Made from a mix of polyester and spandex to give it stretch and smooth feeling. I love it!

Getting your own.

Amanda is the rep you need to go through. She knows the products, and loves to share the joy. Her link to shop is right HERE. If she doesn't know the answer, she will find out for you. Not sure how something will look? No only does she show off the styles on herself, but she finds photos of women, men and children to share. One thing I appreciate about this, is the variety in women's sizing photos. Like I mentioned Dobefore, I'm a curvy size 12. I got a belly and wider hips. And plenty of booty in the trunk. I hate buying online for the simple fact that what looks good on the blonde bimbo models, most likely won't look remotely attractive on me. So seeing other women of larger sizes, with their weight distributed less in the chest and more in the love handles, puts me more at ease when buying without trying.

Do leave me a comment below and let me know your thoughts!

4 comments:

  1. These are awesome! I dont know the brand to be honest but I know that my wife would love to try them out. I will get them as a gift for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she enjoys them! Let Amanda know that Emily sent you :)

      Delete
  2. I adore yoga pants, that is for sure! Especially since the pandemic. I simply decided to be comfortable above else, and I am never looking back, lol. Thanks for pointing me in the direction of this brand, I will check them out - blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy them! Amanda can help you get great deals :)

      Delete