Monday, August 31, 2020

Apps We Wish There Were

 I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who has heard the phrase, "There's an app for that." If you were to scroll through the app store, I'm sure you would find there is nearly an app for every single desire any given person might have. However, there are some apps that I find are seriously missing from the mix. And I'm curious as to what you think about them as well. So here is a list of apps I think would make life... interesting, to say the least.

1. The Find My Prince app - This could also be to find your princess. But let's not say it's simply another dating app. No, this application would be something far more intricate. This app would alert me as to when, where and how I'm to meet my shining other half. After all, how many of us wish we hadn't had to go through 1-??? bad relationships before we found the soulmate we now hold dear? How many of us wish we could just simply stroll through life until the alert goes off before we have to worry about if this one or that one could be THE ONE? Granted, on the flip side, we wouldn't be stronger, braver, raise our self esteem, etc. if we knew all the details. Right? So as amazing as it would be, I suppose it would really dull things too...

 
2. Haggle Cadabra - How many of you wish you could negotiate prices everywhere you go? Do you have the skills to do so at yard sales and flea markets? This app would allow you to say the right things to get the price you want by putting the wording directly on your screen! Or upgrade to the Mega Haggle Cadabra and have your voice simulated through your phone to do all the talking for you. Watch the savings flow freely! 

3. The Un-Calorie Diary - What if you could be rewarded for all those calories you didn't eat? Let's say you didn't have those extra 2 cookies with your sandwich. You input the foods you didn't eat, it will figure out how many calories you avoided, and then deduct that from your weight! I think I'd lose weight a lot faster if this was my reward system. I can't handle counting calories. I can't stand being told what not to eat. So reward me when I make a good choice and I will be more willing to keep it up! Let's even take it a step further - tell me when I have reached my limit of chips. If you are like me, you have those moments where you could eat the whole bag because they are just that good and no one will stop you. This app monitors each chip you crunch down and sounds an alarm when you have reached the maximum of your serving.

4. Husband and Children Translator app - The most important part of a healthy relationship is communication. Despite this, one of the top reasons a relationship fails or couples divorce is failure to communicate. Not always because we don't speak, but because we don't seek to be understood by speaking clearly. Or, even more so, we miss each other's meanings when we interpret it the way we think they are saying it. Same goes for our children, if you think about it. My son has a tendency to say things that he finds hilarious, however, they come off insulting. Like the day he looked at me and said, "Mom, you're not fat. You're just fluffy." Great. I'm not a giant mass. I'm a marshmallow. In his way, he was trying to make me feel better about how I look to myself. In my mind, he's making me feel worse. Our significant others sometimes do this too. On the flip side - be prepared to have your mind blown if secrets are revealed...

5. Drab to Fab app - We look in the mirror, shrug, and tell ourselves that we look good enough or great. But what if we missed something? After all, I can't see all of my backside. Can you? What if we had an app for that? It could take a 360 degree look at us and tell us what we are missing. A better color lip gloss? Hair up or down? This earring or that? With or without the scarf? We would never have to second guess our style again.

12 comments:

  1. Haha! I found this hilarious. I am pretty sure if these apps did exist, the Find My Prince/Princess app would be the most downloaded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me smile reading this post. If these were real apps, I would go for the Haggle Cadabra first. Then the husband and children translator! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I could make you laugh! Those were my favorites too :)

      Delete
  3. You should seriously create these apps. I am sure a lot of people would download them include myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I love the translator! That would be useful literally every single day, especially for women lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. The un-calorie app is such a different perspective from what I'm used to hearing about calorie intake! I love the idea of focusing on the positives and not the negatives when it comes to your diet. I can't tell how many times I've regressed after feeling so down for eating something I "shouldn't" have.

    ReplyDelete