Speaker Stardom

Speaker Stardom | An Elite Booking Agency & Academy

For you the meeting planner, Speaker Stardom will spend hours researching our speakers to ensure they have outstanding stage craft, storytelling skills and something fresh to say in their field of expertise giving you peace of mind that earns your confidence and trust.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Traveling with children

All children are special. They say the darnedest things. Or see things in a way you don't. My kids do it all the time. I either scratch my head and wonder how that came to light with them or laugh until I could wet myself. On our trip, my oldest definitely had me laughing. 
I hear the seatbelt click as its being taken off. 
Me: Put that seatbelt back on!
Stephen: But mom, I need to fart. 
Me: .... So?! Put it back on. Then fart. 
Stephen: I can't fart if I'm sitting down. 
Me: *facepalm* What...? You have to wear a seatbelt so long as we are driving, son. So find another way to fart or wait until we stop again. 

We drive on and I fall asleep in the front. When we stop for gas, I change into shorts and brush my teeth. My oldest starts waking up and hands me a bottle with yellow liquid inside.
I've made enough long distance trips to know what's in the bottle. 
Stephen: *smiles* Guess what's in the bottle, mom! 
Me: I don't have to guess. I already know. Why did you pee in the bottle instead of asking us to stop? 
Stephen: Because you were taking too long to stop and I couldn't hold it. So I just had to pee in the bottle. 
I'm just going to be proud of him for not wetting himself. 

Later we get out of the car to grab a bite to eat. Immediately after jumping out the side, my middle child whips it out and starts peeing in the lot. I turn around and ask why?! "I had to pee. Oh and I peed while I was sleeping so my clothes are wet." 
In my head I'm thinking, there's a place with lovely restrooms just a few steps away. Nope, just couldn't wait. Had to show off those family jewels to the traffic-filled road and restaurant full of people. Way to go, son. 

4 comments:

  1. Ah memories! I remember family trips. They are like that. You were born into it. ENjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They provide us with fabulous memories!

      Delete
  2. If I may add to your experiences and making memories with our children. When my youngest son was 3, we took a weekend trip to the coast. While on the ferry, we were enjoying the view of the bay and feeding seagulls off the balcony... Suddenly hearing a commotion below, we looked down and to our embarrassment our 3 year old was relieving himself thru the railing on the people below. While I was gasping for words as not startled my son a lady yelled... Well I guess when u gotta go, u gotta go! You can't help but laugh... I wouldn't trade any of the memories of my children for anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed that!!! Those are precious memories that are worth every second!

      Delete