Monday, October 16, 2023

Creating Doorables Shadowbox Displays

Watching My Froggy Stuff on YouTube can be so dangerous! Toya comes up with some crazy cool ideas. One of her most recent ones that has my attention was creating shadow bow displays for her Disney Doorables collection. While I have a grand total of just 2 so far, I would like to get others one day as they make great dolls for the dolls. And they are cute. My first one was an Ariel that I think we got from Five Below. But then we found out that Walmart has them at the checkout lanes for $1.98 each.  A single figure comes in that pack. This is how I got the Honey Lemon from Big Hero 6. She is too cute! And I decided to go through my odds and ends to make her a shadow box display. 

I had this box without a lid that came from packaging. I decided to use it as my first trial. And I'm pretty happy with the results! I painted the outside to be like a bronze frame. On the inside I tried to create a city scene. I painted the 2 sides to look like buildings. Don't laugh, I'm no good with drawing or painting.

The inner top was a sky. I just smeared blue and pink paints to try my best to copy sort of a cloud look. Though I think the blue ate the pink up.

The bottom was where I wanted a sidewalk with the rocks from a craft kit my daughter didn't need as rubble from the battle! 

In the background, I printed a city scene from the movie. I think the end product was just right! It is aDoorable *pun totally intended*. And if I get future Doorables, I plan to make others. For now, this was a much quicker craft to put together. See you next time!

2 comments:

  1. This is really good! If you want to make it a tv you can cut a piece of clear plastic off a doll box and put in the front Neat idea

    ReplyDelete