Monday, June 5, 2023

Catching Our Breath Yet?

I feel as though the whirlwind of activity hasn't stopped yet. We finished the tiny house. Got my sister-in-law settled in. Did school for a week. Sent the boys off to camp. But still the fast pace didn't slow down. 

After we came back from getting my sister-in-law, we had a busted water pipe to fix. While I hope we never have to do that again, at least we now know how to! It was pretty epic. There were roots crowding the pipe junction that caused it to break. So working to fix it included cutting the roots with a chainsaw. Quite the interesting experience...
My daughters made a joke by placing this prank tape across the bathroom door while we had the water turned off.
We learned about this flexible pipe that can connect the two ends, but also allow for the possibility of roots to push it without breaking it. 

We wanted to help boost the signal for my in-laws to use the internet without disruption in the tiny house. So my husband bought Cat5 cable and thought he would just run it through the attic space. That turned into my next project...

Remember the game room ceiling I painted? Oh wait... I don't think I had shared that post with you just yet. Well, I painted the popcorn ceiling to be like a galaxy in the game room. Now I'm in the process of fixing this to look like a black hole in that galaxy. 

At this point, I keep thinking of that one song by Johnny Diaz.

Ever have those days? When you just need that reminder to stop and breathe? I've been feeling that. We are trying to get back into the groove, but it is a steady stepping process. Sometimes those steps feel like one forward and two backwards, but we keep pushing. A lot of things happening. I hope to have many posts to show some interesting projects, so be patient with me. And remember, just breathe.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, construction seems to be that way and start one so-called little project and it turns into five or six major projects. Hope all better now.

    ReplyDelete