Saturday, April 8, 2023

It Has Been a Year Already?! Israel

I was trying to clean up my laptop and realized that I had a folder with more Israel photos that I hadn't posted on here. That got me to thinking, it has been a whole year since my husband and I took that trip. We both look back fondly to our time there. It was amazing! Such a rich landscape of history, modern beauty, and friendly people. Even when we went to Palestinian restaurants. There was no animosity! Our guide was a Jew and he had great relationships with people from all walks there. It makes me sad to see the conflicts they have there now. However, I didn't get this post going to talk about what is happening there. I wanted to share some more great photos. My favorites. So enjoy! 

I love this one, because the serene land was speeding by, but we glimpse in stopped motion the divide that is meant to separate Israel from enemy lands. You could say it is No Mans Land there.
 
Jericho is not just a Bible story. It really exists and it really is as the Bible described. A ruin. Not one city that was built on it after its destruction was able to withstand the curse. You can see each level of a new civilization that was built on the previous one. Really was amazing to walk around.

My favorite memories often included walking the trails and just gazing at the beautiful waterfalls. Surrounded by rocks and scraggly brush, a lone waterfall just makes it all so magical.

Seeing military vehicles and personnel is a common sight around Israel. Instead of feeling intimidated though, it made us tourists feel safer. And they were always friendly! I think the only soldiers that weren't, were the Muslim ones on the Mount. They glared and made the kid in our group remove his IDF hat while on the Mount. Seemed childish to me.
Speaking of THE Mount, which has a different name depending on which group of peoples is talking about it, this really cool tunnel leads to it. They were doing some excavation work when we were there. Below the tunnel, to either side, you can see the men's side and women's side of the Western Wall, aka the Wailing Wall.
When we went, Israel had just opened up again after the pandemic. There was no one else on the Mount that day, besides the soldiers guarding it. It made for a peaceful visit. They didn't even heckle us, besides telling the kid to remove his hat. 

Well, I'll add more later. There are some more photos I found of places that we really enjoyed. I hope you are traveling! Let me know where you are going.

No comments:

Post a Comment