Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Slowing Down and Taking a Breath

If you have been following my blog, you may have noticed that I've been posting less often and certainly not in a regular pattern. I apologize for that. I've just been slowing down lately. 

My world has been speeding up. Even on days when we aren't going anywhere and all I have are the regular chores, I'm still going on a routine that fills the hours and keeps me offline. Most people think that homemakers have it simple. Even homeschool moms might seem like their life is a breeze. But you'd be mistaken in this thinking. Fact is, there are papers to grade, lessons to explain, lessons to print or plan. The house doesn't clean itself. I wish it did. Even though I do require the kids to do chores, there are things that I still have to do myself. And what of meals? Now, in my mind, these are all simply my life. Tasks that I should be able to do without exerting myself. If I was in the best of health, that is. Which I haven't been.

The cold causes a physical reaction that slows me down. I've been so tired. Fighting pain and migraines. Some days I lose the will to even try much. My projects piled up. I told myself that if all I could do was check homework and cook dinner, then I had done enough. Of course I kick myself later for being lazy. Which my husband likes to say isn't the correct term to describe my inactivity. Agree to disagree on that one. 

All this to say, I'm getting burnt out. Blogging is fun, but it is like a side job. It would be a full time job if I was doing it with the intent of making money off it. And I just don't have the energy to try for that. So... I'm giving you notice. I'm not gone. I'm just a little busy. I promise there are still going to be posts. I'm still working on doing reviews. I'm still working on projects that I will share DIY posts for. But I'm not fighting to meet deadlines unless it is hosted by a company. I'm giving myself time off. I'm focusing on the real life in front of me. Not the computer screen. Hope you guys understand! The Nerd will be back. Just be patient with me. 

Stay well, guys! See you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment