Saturday, February 13, 2021

R. W. Knudsen and the Pineapple Ginger Shot (review)

 My husband and I are really gearing up this year to have a cleaner diet. And with 2 of our children developing ongoing health issues, we are making this more of a family change. More fruit smoothies, more veggies with dinner, and more juice that isn't loaded with sugar. 

*Disclaimer: I was sent this product in exchange for a review. I was not otherwise paid or endorsed. All opinions are my own.*

I love being a part of the Influenster community. You never know what you will get! For my first time, they sent me a 12 pack of Pineapple Ginger Shots from R. W. Knudsen. 

Get ready for a sharp taste.

Wow! Talk about a wake up call. This gets your tastebuds to respond sharply.  Mostly because of the reaction to the ginger and lemon juice. All organic! You really do have to take it like a shot. With about 2 mouthfuls per bottle. 

Why this one?

Only 30 calories per bottle, no fat or sodium, excellent source of potassium! Just heavily concentrated doses of organic ingredients that promote healthier living. 

Can't take the strong shot? 

The health benefits are worth it, but we noticed only one of our four kids could or even would handle them. The toddler called it spicy. Two others took a sip and said it was too strong. My oldest surprised me with how much he liked them. He drank his siblings' bottles. Kept calling it lemonade. My husband even said that the ginger tickled his throat kinda like you get when you feel a cold coming on. So... we decided to try out some creative ideas to see how well it can be used in other things. Like a smoothie or perhaps cooked with chicken for our family's Chinese night. 

I think I liked the chicken option best. The chicken was so tender and moist. For 3 chicken breasts, I used 2 bottles. But the flavor didn't hang on as well as I had hoped. But it was still really good. My kids loved it.

Their website has recipes you can check out as well. 
 
Where can you find their products?
They have a locator right HERE. You might be surprised where they are selling things.

Our thoughts...

I think the benefits of the potassium in a shot is excellent. And the fact that they are straight up organic juices and plants (ginger). I do have trouble with the taste. It is a strong ginger and lemon blend. However, I think mixing it would help. I can't wait to try it in a smoothie. As of writing this post, I haven't been able to make a smoothie yet. I think that would help with the taste while maintaining the benefits. I also like that these don't have to be refrigerated until open, so you can take them on the go.

Have any of you tried their juices before? I'd love to know your thoughts. Are you flavor over benefits or benefits over flavor when you choose products? Let me know in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. Mixing the flavor of pineapple and ginger is actually nice, even on a tea. I love the soothing effect it gives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first time trying it. I was surprised!

      Delete