Monday, October 19, 2020

Bucket List - Dreaming Time Away

During the quarantine around the world, I have had so many moments of saying "One day" and "Eventually" that I feel I could fill an entire book. Sometimes I feel as though I'm unlikely to ever accomplish even a fraction of them. However, the dreamer in me has started my own version of an Adventure Book.I have made a list of all the places I want to go and see, things I want to do! For now, they are just dreams. And there are days when I think to myself, Just like many dreams before - these will go nowhere. But like Ellie, I have also started adding the things we DO accomplish. They aren't daring adventures. They aren't exotic vacations, but these little moments that are so amazing, or just plain funny - I capture them. I'll keep adding. I'll keep dreaming. I won't hold my breath - but hey, who knows, right?? So below, is my Bucket List. Leave me a comment about what you would add or something in common! 

Memorize 5 Bible verses a month

Trip to Japan: Stay in a traditional hotel, buy a traditional kimono,
Universal Studios Super Nintendo World theme park

Trip to Ireland: See a castle and a real pub

Scuba diving

Trip to Italy - Venice!

Ride in a helicopter 

Have at least one wall-to-wall bookshelf filled with books

Take a cruise (Disney Wish)

See the Great Wall in China

Visit Israel (walk where Jesus walked) - Went in March 2022

Stay in the undersea Poseidon Resort

Complete my ASL Interpreter degree

Own a home - Bought in July 2022

Create The Zombie Experience or The Ultimate Nerf Experience

Visit the Grand Canyon

Visit Las Vegas: Cirque Du Soleil, Blue Man Group, Jabbawokeez

Visit Colorado: Cliff Dwellings, Garden of the Gods, Casa Bonita 

Go Indoor Skydiving

Trip to Hawaii

Visit the Star Wars Galaxy's Edge at Disney Florida and make a lightsaber

Build a snowman and have a snowball fight - January 2021 Snow in Waco!

Visit New York (just the Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero and maybe Times Square)

Meet Sir Patrick Stewart

Get a mani/pedi - or just have a spa day...

Pay for a meal entirely with coins (wouldn't they love that with the coin shortage!)

Get a couples massage with my husband

Go to dinner at Medieval Times

Go to another comic con (went to some in San Antonio) 

My cosplay as Sweet Pea from Suckerpunch

Take a trip around Europe to see WW2 sites

Finish creating my dream Steampunk cosplay

My 2 cuff bracelets

Have date night once a month to reconnect with my husband

Watch a sunset over the mountains with my love

Visit Unclaimed Baggage in Alabama

Publish at least one book

Sell at least 10 copies of any book I've published

Lose weight and maintain a 145 lb average

10 comments:

  1. This is such a cool idea! I love the movie Up haha. You've inspired me to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I will be looking forward to your post one day :)

      Delete
  2. You're right. The list is simple and I find that really thoughtful. I mean, why make a complicated list? A goal is still a goal no matter how simple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel more accomplished with such a simple list :)

      Delete
  3. Visiting Italy and going to the opera has to be on everyone's bucket list. Although I learnt today that opera tickets are ridiculously expensive, I'm definitely going to steal some activities off your list. I hope you get the opportunity to live them all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the opera is fantastic! I saw Phantom of the Opera in my teen years and LOVED it!

      Delete
  4. So you haven't been to New York yet? If you can only visit five countries in your life, Israel should be one of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't. I wish I had. And Lord willing, Israel will be!

      Delete