Friday, August 21, 2020

Lakanto Fall Into Baking Party!

 I love fall weather, don't you? Okay, actually I love the idea of fall weather. See, here in Texas, we only have two seasons; Summer and Extreme Heat. Summer is the majority, with Etreme Heat blasting in the peak of summer. But the idea of Fall weather is that the temperatures drop and leaves fall from the trees. Everyone starts baking and curling up with good books. Oh, yeah. That is what I like. Tryazon understands these joys and connects their influencers (like yours truly) with wonderful companies who make it their goal to help us #SweetResponsibly! 

*Disclaimer: I was sent these products in exchange for hosting a party and sharing my honest review. I was not otherwise paid or endorsed. All opinions expressed are that of myself and my guests.*

Lakanto has an amazing product line. Take, for instance, their Monkfruit Sweetener. This is a sugar alternative that is healthier for you! Non-caloric and doesn't decay the teeth like sugar does or mess with your blood sugar. It tastes and looks like sugar though. Their Golden version is actually slightly sweeter. I made the mistake of adding a little more than needed into our tea - talk about southern sweet tea! But I use it in my baking and cooking just like normal. 

 
I've made coffee cake with it.

Why should you make the switch?

The main ingredient is a chemical compound called erythritol. I had to look it up. It comes naturally. The formula that Lakanto uses makes their sweetener totally calorie free as well as zero-glycemic. It is the only one of that variety! We made the switch because we are trying to eat healthier in every way we can. We are wanting to lose the extra pounds and get back into shape. Especially after taking the kids to the park the other day and being so out of breath! It was a real eye opener to me. I've let my constant physical pain be an excuse as to why I don't get healthy, but the real thing I am needing to work on is the food side of it all. So sugar had to be cut down and cut out. 

Cookies stuffed with Suntella are amazing!

Time to party! 

I had 2 guests in person and some that attempted to join online. I feel really bad for those online... Turns out Facebook and I aren't on good terms. And after crashing the party more than once, the online side had to be shut down. However, that doesn't mean there weren't some laughs. 

My mother and sister-in-laws came to dinner. I made a wonderful coffee cake (okay, I thought it was wonderful, but my mother-in-law definitely makes it better!). Several of my online guests are getting their samples shipped to them. With things the way they are, there are still a lot of people who are choosing to stay virtual until Covid-19 numbers drop. I managed to get a couple comments from those online. My mother-in-law agreed that this was the best alternative to using refined sugar. She said the consistency and taste were just the same. Which is what everyone wants right? The taste, the consistency, but without the bad side effects? 

They had also sent me the Suntella. I have had Nutella before, well, this was like that. But better. I LOVE it! And I don't have to feel bad when I eat it because it's healthier!

After the party, this was all that was left...

What are your thoughts?

So I really want to know what you all think! Leave me a comment below. Have you tried this before? Will you try it after having read my little post? Let me know!

10 comments:

  1. I think it's a nice review but one can't really say till one tries...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good review for the product. Personally I love coffee cakes and especially calorie free coffee cakes are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I love baking party. I used to join baking party before pandemic and i really learned a lot from it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cake is looks really good, I had never heard of this product line butthey look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I'm so glad you are a fan! You will get a sample pack in the next box I send you.

      Delete