Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Ana's 8th Mermaids and Unicorns Birthday Party

 I wasn't going to let my daughters birthday be marred by the pandemic. I knew she wouldn't have many people over, so I wanted to make sure I poured as much love into as I could. I determined that I was going to plan out some fantastic surprises for her. And here they are for inspiration in making your mermaids' day. 

Every princess needs a crown! 

The first project I undertook was 4 days ahead of her birthday. I saw an idea on Pinterest from Disney for making adorable mermaid crowns. I added my own twist to it as I knew both girls would want to have unicorns incorporated in them. Creating a portal to the fun.

For the doorway, I decided to create this and make her entrance to a house fully decorated just that much more magical! All you need are streamers and tape. 

Decorating as though everyone is showing up!

I hung decorations everywhere for her. Even if her friends and other family won't be here, we can still make it look like a true party. This day is hers. And she should feel like that. When she entered the rest of the house, I wanted her excitement to raise to the roof. I wish the table cloth had been thicker, but I added gems and pearls to make it better.

Breakfast should always start the day, but more so today!

We tell our kids to start the day right. To enjoy a good breakfast. So making her something special for that day is important. There were these pancakes for breakfast. Perfect way for a princess to energize!

Let the hunt begin!

And then I had set up the scavenger hunt to find all the gifts! Okay not all. I left the larger ones to be opened later in the day. I took some little ones my mom had sent her and used those in the scavenger hunt. My daughter loves mystery packs of just about anything. And that is what I wrapped up. I wrote out little clue cards as well as a letter of introduction. I didn't want anyone but her going around, finding surprises. 

Let's play BINGO! 

A party is way more fun with games. So I found this free printable unicorn bingo game that I laminated so that we can use it again later. This gave her and her siblings some fun before her party. In addition, they won prizes! Pokemon and Yugi-Oh cards, glow sticks, whatever we had in our 'Chore Store'. 

What's for dinner?

She got to choose her dinner. And homemade pizza was that choice. I made it just the way she likes it! And after dinner comes.... 

CAKE!

Last, but certainly not the least, was cake and ice cream with her Nona and aunt. They came to celebrate with us. 

If you need more ideas, I have a bunch! 

I can't do everything, but that doesn't stop me from creating a Pinterest board just for the Mermaid Party ideas. Who knows if she or her sister will want another? So if you need more ideas, check it out! 

Behind the scenes look....

My husband likes to tease that I'm an overachiever. I can't just do a little thing. Apparently, when I do something, I go all out. And it looks like a mess until completion!

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely birthday party with a yummy pancakes. Thanks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mermaid and unicorns are a very good theme. It's super fun to have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mermaids and unicorns are always lovely, and this b'day party looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm personally not a fan of mermaids and unicorns. For some reasons they come across as eerie. I guess it's probably me. As they say, different strokes for different folks.

    ReplyDelete