Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Creativity Blooms During Covid-19!

I'm so ready to be free again. For the bookstore to open. The library to reopen... We are missing Free Comic Book Day this year, people! Do you know how hard that is for us nerds? Star Wars Day is canceled. Besides posting a meme... UGH! Yes, that is my response to this craziness. 

And so...

To Pinterest I have gone in search of things to occupy the hours. Especially for the kiddos. No school, can't contact their friends, and no yard to play in. There is a pool at their Nona's house, but it's not like we can go there often. Dad works and has school. Mom can't drive them. Well, she could, but not with full confidence of safety. Sooooo.... Yeah. Pinterest ideas! 

We started time capsule booklets thanks to their teachers sending them out. Don't think anyone has finished theirs yet. They kinda disappeared after a couple days. But it was fun watching them get started at least. 

I tried doing a scavenger hunt. My daughter finished hers the same day I gave it to them. The boys took about 3 days? It was so easy too. They took photos of things they found with their school iPads, just like they do for school assignments. Their heart just wasn't into it like my daughters was. She wanted grand prize!

Now on to the next project. I saw this idea a long while back and decided to expand the options to make it more fun. But I used the principle idea to get started. Let's see how well this goes! Plus, I'm hoping that they can earn prizes from doing a great job. No half-hearted tries here. 
For those of you who want to try it as well, I've typed up the prompts so all you have to do is copy and paste into a Word page to print. Don't forget to write out the letter with the instructions. Or print our the one I've typed out for you. Good luck surviving the boredom! 
Bag 1:                               Bag 2:                                   Bag 3:
Take a photo                      of a zombie                          riding a dinosaur.
Make a movie                   of a mermaid                       baking a cake.
Write a story                     of a grandma                        flying in space.
Draw a picture                  of your parents                     riding a unicorn.
Create a dance                  of an uncle                            playing a game.
                                          of an aunt                             building a fort.
                                          of a sibling                           having a pillow fight.
                                          of a space man                     getting married.
                                          of a game character             fighting a bear.
                                                                                       dancing with cats.
Dear children,
I have a very important assignment for you. As you can see, I have 3 bags. 
  • Take a slip of paper from Bag 1 for your assignment.
  • Take a slip of paper from Bag 2 for the subject of your assignment.
  • Take a slip of paper from Bag 3 for the scene of your assignment. 
NO redraws! You keep the first 3 slips of papers you get! You can help each other if you like, but I expect to have your completed assignments by 7PM tonight. 
 Good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor! 

You can always add your own! Make it uniquely fun for your own children. Change when it is due to when you get home from work or the next morning. Or do it as a couple with your spouse even! Hmm... I bet this would be better than the time my husband and I started writing a book together... Either way, I'd love to hear your ideas! So leave me a comment below and let me know what you think. What prompts would you add?

No comments:

Post a Comment