Date night ideas:
- Take a drive. Sounds boring to some, but this is how you get closer together. Play your favorite music, sing along together and check out your city.
- Walk around, taking pictures. Take turns passing the camera back and forth while you each snap photos. Then compare to see who got the best shots.
- Go to the movies. This is something my husband and I finally did on our most recent date night. He had a coupon from when he worked for Target for 2 free movie tickets. Since there was no expiration date, we were able to see the new Godzilla movie. LOVED it! And yes, I believe there will be a sequel!
- Play Just Dance for 2. See who racks up the most points as you both shake and jive. Do dances meant for two and really get close! Though my husband claims he can't dance, this is one game he beats me at often.
- Have a Wii tournament. There are some great sports games that you can play together. Get moving while having fun together.
- Watch the sunset. While we don't live in the mountains or near the beach (where my favorite sunsets and sunrises happen), we can still get up early and head to a park. Maybe make a simple snack or bring a warm drink along. Cuddle up and watch the beauty unfold.
- Make a dessert together. There is something magical about cooking and baking with someone you love. Plus you get to enjoy something delicious when you are done. (We made these healthier cookies.)
- Go for a hike. Don't forget to bring along water and be careful. Take the time to talk and really bond.
- Play a board game together. No TV in the background! Put on your favorite tunes instead. Not only do you bond, but you can see who has the skills to dominate the board!
- Try out a new restaurant. Even if it isn't new to the area, it might just be new to you guys. See if it is what it claims to be!
- Paint a canvas together. Doesn't matter what it is. Just put both of your ideas into one. The Dollar Tree carries some in the crafting section.
- Have a movie night together at home. Grab snacks and snuggle on the couch. Do a marathon even! We have been working on Stranger Things, Season 3. Absolutely one of our favorites!
- Check out a local flea market or thrift store. Walmart and Target will be there, selling whatever is in. But sometimes it can be fun to check out a place selling used and unusual things. So deviate and do something new!
- This last one is a favorite of mine. Check out the stars together! Set up an inflatable pool, filled with pillows and blankets in the backyard. Bring a snack. Set up the telescope (if you have one) and then relax together under the stars!
You don't have to have money to have a great time and get closer to the one you love. You can be creative and just see what happens. A lesson I learned on a recent date was that not everything goes as planned. I'm a huge planner. But sometimes I need to lay off the planning and just go with it. Then things can flow and the fun comes naturally. What date night ideas do you have?