Friday, February 16, 2024

Temu Take Two - How Well Do the Products Work?

Okay, okay. I totally placed another two orders. One was because I wanted to try other items. The second was because my daughter wanted to buy something. So here I am again. Testing out the quality. I think you might be surprised. I know I was. I paid a little more attention, though still not enough. Want to see what I got? Keep reading, or watching, to see the report.

I ordered some clothing items, mostly. Even though I have been sewing more things since a friend gave me the sewing machine, I can only make simple things so far. Like skirts. Making lots of skirts... And those are also in the sizes that an average 11.5" doll can wear. Making things smaller than that will take me more practice. 

The blue dress with snowflakes was for Skipper or Stacy to wear. While it had the unfinished edge, it is so well made that I haven't been afraid of unraveling. I told the girls to be careful with the sleeves too. It is a little snug on Skipper's torso, but not to the point of pulling it apart.

The wedding dress reminded me something from a live action princess movie. My daughters have been playing their dolls have lots of weddings. But there was never a white dress to use. I thought it was interesting that after purchasing this one, they sent a product instruction manual in PDF form. Have to be careful with the sleeves when sliding hands in. Material is stiff and crinkly, but this makes it hold form well. Veil just rests on the dolls head. My daughters loved it. And I loved that the edges were finished! Sadly, this one may not last long. It is a little too snug on a MtM doll body.

The traditional dress is absolutely adorable! You can tell they cut it from pre-printed patterns as they left some of the black lines on the bottom part of the dress. But my daughters fell in love with it. The flower pattern is cute. And it fit 2 of their dolls' different sizes just fine. 

This full outfit was something I knew my oldest girl would love. Though I had thought to steal the pants... The half shirt isn't something I'm interested in, but it and the red jacket were both well made. The pants were too small for your average 11.5" doll. They were the perfect size for a Skipper doll instead.

Now we come to the umbrella. I only saw that it was for a BJD doll. I keep forgetting that this covers the larger dolls too. Something like the Smart Doll. So my daughters got this as well. They say it works for the "family umbrella". And it can be used with their 18" dolls as well. I was impressed with the details. It functions just like a real sized umbrella!

Okay, here is probably the only thing I got for myself out of this batch... You know those really popular to-go cups these days? They have straws that you might not want dust to get into. So you put these straw caps on. But! They look like tiny cups too. Now, we follow My Froggy Stuff on YouTube. She made her own and they looked amazing. But I don't have the little bits around here that I can make one. Yet! So I decided to get these and modify them. And they work perfectly!

You recently saw the Witch doll we made, right? Well, she wears undies-like clothes. But that meant the girls had to take them from another doll. So I decided to try out the ones on Temu. I forgot to mention them in the first video, but I'm showing you them here instead. 

Getting to the end of this order... I promise! This one is my favorite and I totally want to get another for myself. The girls took this one. This little pink dress is perfect for Chelsea dolls! BUT - it also fits smaller big dolls like the Equestria Girls dolls. So my youngest has been over the moon about it. The details with the roses and lace are so cute! I envision turning a tiny Chelsea into a Belle fan.... 

Finally, we come to the last item! Thank you so much for hanging out this long. This is a DIY kit. While I would love to get the Make it Mini capsules, I just can't afford to do that. About 2 of those would have equaled this entire order! So I'm hoping this set will work instead for some fun that is similar. We shall see. But I will put that in another blog post when we actually test it out. 

What did you think? What product did you find the best? Have you ordered anything from Temu? Let me know in the comments below! I'd love to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. I love how you did try ones cause it is hard to tell a lot of time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It really is difficult to tell some times.

      Delete