Saturday, July 8, 2023

2 More Places to Enjoy in Midland

I convinced my husband and sister-in-law on an outing this weekend. The kids are off in Florida with my family. So why not? We stopped at two other places that were on my list to check out. 

First off, we have a beautiful antique store called The Rustic Windmill. It is located at 2032 W Cuthbert Ave. Not everything inside is an antique or vintage. Some of it is inspired! Which made everything interesting. You could find bundles of Pokemon cards up front, milk glass, vintage photos and postcards, dolls and so much more.
On this visit, we found 6 boxes of RIT dye in a bag for $2 as well as a bag of NASA themed patches for my husbands future jacket for $6.99. 

My take away on this one

This place is so much fun! There is plenty to find. We saw a great amount of unique items as well as older ones that aren't so easy to come across. I would gladly stop by this shop every once in a while to see what new things they might have to offer.  

Time for lunch!

We decided to go out for lunch and wanted to try some Italian. That is where we landed Ray's Italian Bistro. Besides Olive Garden, it was the only listing for Italian that was open for lunch. The outside is unassuming with it being part of a strip mall. Inside was cool, inviting and giving off an authentic Italian vibe. The menu had so many different options to cover all bases.

We had the mozzarella sticks appetizer with the fresh bread rolls they serve. I thought the vinaigrette dipping sauce was a good one. It was like a mix between balsamic and Italian. The cheese sticks had a thicker breading, were so fresh that they were hot to the last bite and came with a thinner marinara sauce.
For the food, I chose the fettuccine primavera with fresh veggies. I was sad to realize that meant a lot of "sharp" olives (as my sister-in-law called them), as well as mushrooms. I'm not a fan of either. I did enjoy the artichoke hearts, bell peppers, squash, and onions. My sister-in-law got the spinach ravioli, which looked amazing. I dipped a piece of the bread into the sauce. It was creamy and so cheesy! I loved it. My husband ordered the large (16") meat lovers pizza. He said he was craving pizza and it would give us some to take home for dinner.
                             My take away

The food was amazing! The atmosphere was calm and relaxing. I loved how they packed away our leftovers for us. The servers are highly attentive and so friendly. You have a homey feeling while dining. Almost one of family. 

The drawback for us would be the prices. A single plate was averaging about $14. While this is decent for the amount of food and the quality, it means that eating here (for us at least) is more for date night and special occasions.

These are the most recent finds in our town! What do you think? Are either of them up your alley for places you would want to go? Let me know in the comments below. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment