Tuesday, May 23, 2023

The Final Reveal of Our Tiny House

I never thought I'd see the day where I could say I built a small structure that was livable. With electricity. That was comfortable. That would later serve as a crafting shed for me. And that was accomplished by a family effort. But here I am. Doing just that! We have done this! 

I painted the wall red. I never thought I would choose that for a wall color. It came out really nice though.
We installed the face plate covers for switches and outlets. They have a switch with hooks for their keys. There are 2 covers with
shelves for their phones. I have to create a different one though. One of the shelf covers was pulled off the wall when a cat thought it was meant to be his ledge to help him reach the windowsill. Lesson learned.
We tiled the floor with a beautiful grey wood style. It has proven to be helping in keeping the building cooler as the heat rolls in.
My sister-in-law has moved in. I'm proud of our accomplishments. It was a rough road to travel down, but it has finally paid off. Now, before anyone says, "What about the ceiling?" Yes, eventually I will finish that. There will always be room for improvements. As time goes on, and the functionality requirements change, so will some of the details. But as of right now, it is built. It is live-in ready. And I'm just happy with it. It means so much to us to have reached this point.

2 comments:

  1. That your mother-in-law and sister-in-law are living in here, and somebody have to move away

    ReplyDelete