Saturday, March 25, 2023

Tiny House Details as Progress Continues!

The building continues on the tiny house that will be in our backyard. We now have all four walls standing.

I think this part was harder on us. Weather started to get warmer and it was a very slow process. My husband had to measure, cut, install, and repeat. Each. And. Every. Board. There was plenty of down time for the rest of us helping him. Kids were ready to quit at the first chance they were given. 

We also faced the first, and hopefully last, injury on this job. My husband says we need to use his hardhat next time to prevent such things from happening. This was the result of a hammer falling on my sons head.

We stopped progress after cutting the truss pieces that will hold up the roof. My husband is back at work, so building will have to stop too. We found that working when he came home was just too much strain on the family. We were neglecting other aspects of our lives.
We also decided that on days we are working, our cutoff time is 4PM. This way, we are not having late dinners. We are not cutting out other family time. We are not having to wait until the next day for showers. All these things that are important to us, we are keeping time for. If you are taking on a project, do your best to meet a deadline. However, don't sacrifice too much for it if you can help it. 

While we are not building outside, I'm still working on the finer details. We have secured the supplies to add electricity in the building. But rather than buy things like light switch covers and plug covers, I decided to print them on the 3D printer! Knowing that this will be my crafters shed after my in-laws move, I decided to get ones that are useful, yet decorative to both of us. 

Steampunk theme

My crafting shed will be in the steampunk style I love. So I printed one light switch cover with the gear theme.A good paint job gave it the detail I was looking for.

I also printed a cover for the electrical outlet that can hold their cell phone.

This will later be in the area that I want my workstation built in. Which means the tray will help me hold things as I work. 

Today is my husband's last day at work for the week. Progress on the roof and the inner closet will begin again! Our biggest struggle is figuring out the roof and proposed storage ideas in an attic design. But as we always do, we will take one step at a time. See you in the next update!

No comments:

Post a Comment