Thursday, January 19, 2023

Jurassic Quest is Coming to Town! (Discount Included!)

My 6 year old LOVES dinosaurs. I'm not sure if it has something to do with Chris Pratt, but the Jurassic movies are top on her list. She'd take those over Disney princess movies any day. So, of course, I was thrilled when I saw this new promotion through U. S. Family Guide. They are working with Jurassic Quest to promote the show that may just be coming to your town! 

There is quite the lineup already for the locations available. They even have shows in Canada! Texas has Abilene on March 3-5. I can imagine that my youngest will be wearing her new Chris Pratt shirt if we are able to make it. She will enjoy seeing the animatronic dinosaurs that rule the show there! As I'm typing this, I have her running around talking about riding dinosaurs, digging up fossils and watching the "live" dinosaurs! This is perhaps the closest thing to her going to a real Jurassic World. 

FAQ's

I like to plan out trips like this as much as possible in advance. So the FAQ section is typically my go-to. I'm happy to say I got a lot of helpful knowledge from doing so. 

First off - children under 2 are free, however will need activity tickets to participate in some of the events inside. Kids tickets are for 2-10 year olds. 

Tickets can be purchased at the door. It will cost you the same online as in person. However, subject to availability. They have safety restrictions on how many may be allowed to enter at once. Ticket prices are $19 - $36.

Saturday and Sunday afternoons - evenings are the least busy. I think this is one of the most helpful things for us. We aren't big on large crowds. 

Wear socks! Unless you want to purchase socks there. The inflatables and soft play areas require socks. 

My teen boys are going to be a bit bored. This is mostly geared for 2-10 year olds. Especially the rides and activities. 

Check ahead about parking! Since they are using venues from third parties, you could have to pay parking. Once you figure out where the venue is for your town, you can contact them to find out if you need money for parking.

Bring your cameras! And share your rawr-some moments with them! @jurassicquest #jurassicquest  I know I plan to do this. After all, my little one will be losing her mind from the fun. 

Cash and cards are accepted. They have activity tickets as well as souvenirs.  

And the most important for our family - food! Seems like food options and rules are run by the venue. Jurassic Quest does not provide food. So check out what your venue allows. Being that the event is usually about 2 hours to get through the whole thing, you might not even plan to eat there. Just plan your trip around meal times. 

Activities include....

Dino rides! These are just for kids. There are stationary dinosaurs that walk in place as well as those that walk slowly forward.  

Bounce houses! My little one tends to be afraid of these. Not really sure why, but she's afraid of others bouncing her. So we might not even bother with them. 

Dino crafts! You can do a quick craft to create your own dinosaur. My daughters might enjoy this. Looks like paper crafts. 

Dig for fossils! My little one recently learned to say paleontologist. As well as what that is. And she is excited to dig up dinos.  

Meet the baby dinos! When I was telling my kids that we might go to Jurassic Quest, they wanted to know what kinds of things were included. My oldest 3 were meh about it. But the youngest has been squealing about the possibilities since. Meeting baby dinosaurs has to be on the list or she won't be satisfied. If she could have her own baby dino, she would. That and a unicorn....

While you are walking around, look out for the walking dinosaurs! They are playful and like to run and walk around the guests. So be ready and snap a cool pic while you are at it! 

Lastly, discover the ancient oceans! I'm a skeptic on this front. Then again, dinosaurs trigger my skepticism too. However, it could still be a lot of fun to see the ancient ocean creatures moving around.  

Want to go and save money?

I can't wait to possibly make the trip! Let me know your thoughts in the comments below. Is anyone you know a dinosaur fan? Would you enjoy taking your family somewhere like this? Let me know all about it!  

Don't forget to use this code at checkout to save 20%! 

My readers get an exclusive offer of 20% off by using the code USFAM at checkout!  Get your tickets before they go extinct! https://www.jurassicquest.com/
 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like she will love it As for big kids why not allow them to stay home or hang out with friends if it is a day trip Save money and do something they want another time Hope you do follow up with pictures to show us how it was!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We wouldn't know who to leave them with. So we will go as a family and try to find ways to make it fun for them too. Follow up is coming soon!

      Delete