Thursday, November 17, 2022

Creative Meals With Heinz 57 Sauces!

I love cooking. The easier the meal, the better. Especially since I started having so much pain. But I don't want to sacrifice healthy or tasty for ease. I've discovered that sauces can go a long way in keeping the balance for all 3 of these needs! 

*Disclaimer: I was sent a party pack in exchange for hosting a dinner party as well as sharing my reviews. All opinions are mine or my guests alone. I was not otherwise endorsed.*

I'm not as knowledgeable in Heinz 57 sauces. Once upon a shopping trip, I only knew of its original sauce. They have certainly branched out since then! I was sent several sauces. And even some other party materials. I'll show you my unboxing below. Then we can talk about the cooking and tasting!


Okay, this is why I don't make videos often. I feel so awkward in them. But at least you get to see what I was sent to work with as I prepared for the feasting. 

Sauce choices include...

We found the sauces at our local Walmart. These are sauces I don't think I would have tried unless I was doing the party. Not that I wouldn't think them good. Just that they are a shot in the dark with my picky eaters.  There are 5 flavors to choose from, 3 are crunchy and 2 are infused with honey.
 

We decided to make the Crunch Chili Pasta recipe that had been sent in the pack. However, in my normal cooking habits, I modified the recipe a bit.


I decided to use ramen noodle instead of spaghetti and pair it with egg rolls as the side dish. It was a super simple meal to put together using the Chili Pepper Crunch sauce. I also added small pieces of pork loin into it. 

Next up was trying the Roasted Garlic crunch sauce. Heavy on the garlic, not so much on anything else. This was the one that was least liked. I could see it working better if it was used with another sauce of some sort, maybe. Not so much alone.

The final sauce in the crunch variety is the Mandarin Orange Miso. I saved the best for last! This one was the winner of the taste test. Even a couple of the kids preferred this one most. Perfect blend of the orange with seasoning. Slow cooked some pork with this one too. (We only ever seem to have pork now.) Served with fried rice and sides.

What about the honey?

Now we move on to talking about the final two sauces. Both of these are infused with honey to give them a sweet tone. As soon as I looked up the one with truffle in the title (Infused Honey with Black Truffle), I knew that one wasn't happening for our family. My husband said if it comes from the mushroom family, it doesn't serve our family. So I gave that one away to guests. The Infused Honey with Chili is the other one, however. I cooked this one slow with pork and served over rice. Taste-test for this one showed that it was more favorable among the adults than the kids. My sons reaction was that it was "too sweet". His loss! This was one of my favorites. 

Pricing and Location! 

Two important factors for my family when buying groceries are how much it cost and where to find them. We found these in the sauce aisle of our local Walmart. A quick search should even tell you what aisle they would be in your local store IF they are carried. As for pricing, each bottle is $6.78. Which makes one full meal as you have seen from the dishes I created and served. 

Over all, I'd say they each have merit. Best 2 were the Honey Infused Chili and the Mandarin Orange Miso Crunch. I would gladly make those again and be looking for new recipes that included them.

No comments:

Post a Comment