Sunday, April 3, 2022

Preparing for Our Night at the Symphony!

My husband surprised me by purchasing tickets for us to go to the symphony later this mobth! Better yet, they are playing Star Wars music and will have our beloved Lando Calrissian actor, Billy Dee Williams, there! I'm so excited about it. As soon as he told me, I knew we had to dress up. Something that he totally agreed to.

He has decided to keep his attire simple. He will be wearing his "interview suit". But to dress it up, he requested Star Wars themed cufflinks and a tie. The cufflinks were relatively easy to find. I purchased these from Mercari.
As I looked for ties, however, I noticed that unless we wanted to pay a premium amount, finding him a Star Wars tie that wasn't tacky, wasn't easy. So I decided to look for another theme that suits him better. He might like Star Wars, but Star Trek holds a higher spot in his heart. And knowing him, he would rather show off such a love in front of Star Wars fans. So I decided to order him this tie to go with his ensemble! 

Now for my gown. After all, a lady should be regally attired when going to the symphony, don't you think? I wanted to create a dress that would reflect my love of Star Wars. While I loved Princess Leia as a character, her clothing choices were mostly your bland, everyday variety. So I looked at her mother's outfits instead for inspiration. Queen Padme Amidala had many to choose from. All in a great array of fanciful uniqueness. I used to enjoy trying to imitate her hair styles for everyday wear. In my own way. I got inspiration from various Pinterest photos.

My mother and sister sent me some dresses recently. I am considering giving this one a makeover, however, I had not had much time to consider how so in recent weeks as I was overseas.

Don't worry! I have not forgotten to regale you with tales of Israel. Just been busy trying to get back into the groove of daily routine. Anyhow, I thought of adding a leather-like thick banded belt to the higher waist. But that is where my mind blanks. I do also have a long black cape with a silver lining I'm thinking to pair with it...

What ideas might you have? Which dress from the Star Wars series would you choose if you were in my shoes? Can't wait to read your comments below!

2 comments:

  1. I think making your own dress will look so great! You are creative enough so I can't wait to see ya'll dressed up.

    ReplyDelete