Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Marry Where You Met - Yay or Nay?

Ever think back to that first time you met the love of your life? I sure do. Often. When I first met him, I hated his guts. True story! I couldn't stand him. Didn't want to have to work with him. That is where we met. At work. At Target. But that isn't the story I'm wanting to tell today. 

I have seen a lot of posts online that show people getting married where they met. I knew another couple at the first Target I worked at who had requested to get married in the store. That request was promptly denied. 

Personally, I couldn't dream of the perfect wedding including walking through the clothing section of Target and ending in a cross section walkway. Something like this seems more like a joke to me than committing to a serious life choice. But to each their own, right?  Target's Wedding Registry Offers 15% Off Discounts & More

This got me curious about where other people might have gotten married that is... unusual. Apparently, grocery stores have even made that list. As have graveyards - taking 'til death do us part' to a whole new level. Fast food restaurants like McDonald's and Taco Bell have joined in for their food lovers. This post even showed one couple that said their vows while standing over a net stretched out over a canyon. Um, no thanks! 

What is the strangest wedding location you have heard about? Or what unique place might you want to get married at? If I were to do it again, maybe a comic convention....

2 comments:

  1. I agree with what you said. I think people should make it "their day" but in some places it turns into a joke and how long will a marriage last when the foundation is a joke? It is unfortunate that in America we have already thrown morality out the window and now we get the judgement of it. Sad.

    ReplyDelete