Monday, March 29, 2021

Letting My Inner Nerd Style Free!

 I've spent way too long in jeans and a T-shirt. So, I'm letting the Nerd shine loud and proud! And just how am I doing that? By wearing the clothing that shows it off best. 

I've been putting a lot of effort into creating a style board on Pinterest lately. I want to climb out of the wardrobe rut and return to consciously deciding on matching looks that express who I am. I used to style myself after Trinity from the Matrix movies with a long duster, knee high boots and black knee-length skirts. I wore cargo pants and corset tops. I'd have worn boots all year around, except I learned that was considered a no-no in the fashion world. I felt amazing! I didn't care what people thought of my look. I was me. Even more so, as I look back, it was when I was coming to the realization that I was a nerd. Not your broken glasses-fixed with tape, pocket protector-wearing, kind either. My style was eccentric. And I like to think that some part of me, still is that way. Just more refined...

(Zyia Havana tank, over blue tank, blue cardigan shirt, Evenstar necklace)

Fast forward many, many, MANY years. I have had 4 kids. I'm happily married to a guy who thinks I'm beautiful no matter what I look like. I have lived quite the seasoned life. I'm no longer flat-abs, but my hips and rear are definitely far more curvaceous. These are things that I'm taking into consideration as I plot out the types of clothes I want to wear. 

Creating my first favorite outfit!

I had asked for this long vest piece and received it for Christmas. It goes perfectly with my long sleeve, blue Superman shirt. Though, for the summer months, I will be looking to get a short sleeved Wonder Woman shirt. Wonder Woman is definitely my hero and I want to be able to show that off all year long. This red cardigan vest is like wearing a red cape, but in a classier form for everyday wear! Over the winter months, I paired them with jeans and my black boots. I felt like I could easily be Super Woman. 

But like I said, this outfit only works for the winter time. I needed a summer version too. So I found these shirt pieces at the local Goodwill. I can wear it with my jeans and ballet flats. I also wear the leather wrist band my mom sent me. Sadly, the Wonder Woman shirt you see here is a little on the tighter side. Downside to not being able to try things on before buying these days. So I mostly wear it around the house now.

My most recent additions are these Nerd+faith shirts that my husband and I got. I usually don't like matching him. Feels weird. But we saw these, and couldn't resist! I also like wearing mine with the red cardigan vest. After all, what Vader girl doesn't like her cape?? 

My next project was inspired by this elegant necklace that I got from Ms. Kara, who is a Paparazzi Consultant.
I immediately fell in love with it. Red is my color (can't you tell?) and this one screams HARLEY QUINN! So I have decided to try to create an outfit that goes with the necklace. Want to see more jewelry that will inspire you? Check out her Facebook page HERE. She truly is the Princess of Bling.

These outfits are me! These are my style beginning to shine forth. They raise my self confidence and make me feel beautiful. I can't wait to put together more looks like this. What is your go-to look?

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Show off that nerdy style. You totally rock it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! It is so exciting to actually care this much :)

      Delete