Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Galentine's Day With the Body Shop! (Review Included)

Galentine's Day falls the day before Valentine's Day. A day to celebrate the women in your life, or your 'gal pals'. Ripple Street partnered with the Body Shop to host a Galentine's Party with me. It was so much fun! Despite the crazy video issues. I invited several of the ladies in my life to share in the fun. 

*Disclaimer: My guests and I all received products for free in exchange for me hosting the virtual party and writing a review. I was not otherwise paid or endorsed. All opinions are my own.*

Who is the Body Shop?

In 1976, Anita Roddick decided to make revolutionary changes to beauty. She believed she could use the business as a force for good. They strive to empower women and girls in feeling beautiful. Not by making them look like someone else, but in feeling good in their own skin! They go for sustainable creation of their products. But they also want to keep as natural as possible with their products. In a world where chemicals seem to be in everything, it is nice to come across products that stray from the norm.


What did I get?

Each of us got different things. Which was really cool. I enjoyed hearing about their products and how my guests felt about them. The one thing we all received is the Carrot Wash. This is totally vegan and made to re-hydrate your skin. It is really orange, and reminds me of blended carrots with gel. Totally orange like a carrot, but in a smooth gel form. My skin was incredibly smooth after using it though.

The Vitamin C Glow-Protect Lotion went on well and was definitely a good moisturizer. However, I noticed it was pretty oily for me. I had to wash my hands after applying. I had used it right after using the Carrot Wash, so maybe my skin was too oily already. The smell was nice though. 

I also received the British Rose Plumping Mask. Love the scent of roses that it has. This one is meant to re-hydrate the skin., while plumping and toning it. Another totally vegan option. Oh I loved how my face felt afterwards! The concoction looked a little weird, smelled fantastic, and my skin was like silk. Absolutely love it! 

The Youth Serums are also fabulous! I can't believe how well they worked on softening and firming the skin. And all I used was the packets they sent. I love it!

What were our thoughts?

Personally, I enjoyed trying out the products. They are definitely different from anything else I have ever used. The Carrot Wash was amazing. I could see myself getting this product again.

My mother-in-law loved the Charcoal Mask and Youth Serum Cream. Since she has very sensitive skin, she tried the mask first on her hand. The silky smooth feeling lasted all week! Despite washing her hands a lot. The Youth Serum was another thing that had long-lasting effects. She thought the Carrot Wash smelled like her grandmothers house though - not in a complimentary way. 

My mother and sister-in-law both received the Tea Tree Oil products. My sister-in-law seemed to enjoy those most.  

Overall, I think the Youth Serum was a favorite of us all. The masks seem to do well in our crowd. And would be something I'd recommend to those wanting to get started with Body Shop products. 


Some of my other guests and their products. Lots of smiles all around! It was a fun time for us to chat and connect.

4 comments:

  1. I love bodyshop's products, they have amazing stuff and known for their quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what my brother's wife was telling me too!

      Delete
  2. First, let's talk about Gelatine. Had no idea that was even a thing. Just curious if guys had a similar thing. Haha! Now to the products, I think they're cool. It's nice to see products that are leaning towards chemical free options. Nice review as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an interesting question! I hadn't even thought to look into that. But now, I'm curious! Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete