Monday, November 22, 2021

How to Create a Barbie Cake Accessory with Deco Mousse and Bottle Caps!

Accessories for dolls are expensive. For some of us, money is tight. Instead of missing out on the imaginary fun, I thought I would share some cool techniques I have discovered in making my own accessories. 

I got the following ideas from a Pinterest pin I had saved.

Doll accessories are just tiny things. You can find ideas all around you if you think of something in a different light. Take a bottle cap for instance. Once you are done with the bottle, it is just recyclable junk, right? Wrong! It can be given a new life with very little help at all. I'm not the most proficient crafter, but I like to think I do alright. My daughters like my creations and that is all that matters to me. 

Barbie doll cake

You will need:

A plastic bottle cap

a popcicle stick (wood craft stick)

and Deco Mousse

This required very little talent. I was surprised at how easy it was to put together. You take the bottle cap and smear the mousse over it as though you are icing a cake. I used the popcicle stick to do this. Made it easier to smooth over. Once I had it 'frosted', I added a thick board sticker on top. To finish up, I waited until it was dry and painted the edging frosting around the edge of the top and bottom. Just like a real cake! 

The 'cookies' were even easy. Maybe just a little messier in the making. I simply sliced off some mousse, rolled them like cookie dough and let them dry overnight. Then I painted the frosting on top! I made an entire cookie jar filled. The cookie jar was from the Dollar Tree.
They had packs of them in the crafting section. They are amazing for making miniatures. I have another tiny jar I used for miniature cotton balls. It has a cork top. 

My daughters loved it! They immediately set up a doll scene when I gave them the cake. 

What do you think? What kinds of miniatures might you create? I'd love to know! So leave me a comment below.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! The party is sweet. It's like the new old timey tea party with your girls. Fun

    ReplyDelete