Monday, November 2, 2020

6 Gift Ideas When Christmas Shopping for Nerds

There are so many types of suggestion lists for gift ideas. For Moms, Dads, Him, Her, Teachers - even for Pets! You know what I don't see enough of? Ideas for Nerds. And the best thing about us, is how easy we can be to gift. Check out some of the best things I have found recently. 

I start with two things we saw at Wal-Mart. Around this time of year is when they start putting out cool things that you have wished for, and you didn't even know it! 

Minecraft Throw 3-piece set: This is an awesome set for any age. Minecraft lovers can curl up on the couch with a small pillow and throw during those lazy winter days. The fold-able cube can be used to store them when not in use or used for something else entirely. Better yet, these are being sold for less than $20! 


Minecraft Builders & Biomes board game: This is awesome! As a family who loves both board games and Minecraft, this is the best of both worlds. I haven't tried it out (yet!), but hope to one day. According to their website it is $25. 

 

Fragrant Jewels bath bombs: I came across an Instagram ad for these and would really love to try them one day. These are more for the lady nerds out there. Maybe I'm alone in this category, but I LOVE surprises. Bath bombs, candles, mystery packs - just can't get enough. Probably the thrill that draws me in. The Dragon Egg bath bomb is what caught my eye. They even have the winter one that looks gorgeous and has white themed stones instead. But after looking a little deeper on their website, I saw several that were pretty cool - nerdy and otherwise! Plus, you can get 15% off with this code - MYGIFT15 at checkout. Or throw in your email address and try for free shipping! There is something fun about the element of surprise. You can get candles or bath bombs, each one comes with a hidden ring inside.


For the cool Moms - Jedi Mom shirts! Etsy is amazing. They have wonderful things you didn't know were possible. For the Star Wars fan moms out there, why not show them how the Force is with them or that they are the Jedi Mom.


Speaking of Etsy, I ordered my husbands amazing Christmas gift from there. I present to you the Portal Inspired bookends by DVAMakerStudios!

Now, let's talk about handmade gifts that are fairly simple. The first one just requires a laminator. Everything else is optional. 

I made each of my kiddos a bookmark a while back. They are super simple, super inexpensive, and bring a level of love that can only come from those who know others well. Stickers, printed designs, hand drawn art - your imagination is your only limit. Think of the bookworm you care about. Who are their heroes? Who do they love to read about? Start with that. Create the bookmark they won't ever want to part with. Then finish it by laminating it. My strongest suggestion would be to make it of cardstock, however. This way it will stay more rigid.

I really want to try this next one - A book clutch! Talk about the perfect night out accessory. I'm a huge fan of books. So having one as a purse, just seems natural.

Well, that is my list. What else can you think of? Any cool Star Trek ideas out there? Gamer themes that rock your nerdy world?

9 comments:

  1. These are such good ideas for holiday gifting. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great gift ideas for those that celebrate the holidays. I'm sure anyone would be happy to get any of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great gift ideas for those that celebrate the holidays. I'm sure anyone would be happy to get any of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got excited for that book clutch! It looks so unique and eye catchy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great list! I love the book clutch-- it looks so unique~ Bookmarked this post for future reference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And so do I. I am considering making one soon.

      Delete