Tuesday, October 16, 2018

How I'm Creating My Perfect Steampunk Goggles

I don't have a lot of free time. Between the appointments and kids... I stay busy. But every so often, I take a moment for me. Which, right now, means that I am working on my next steampunk project. 


Goggles! 

What steampunk costume would be complete without them?! I've always been fascinated by them. In college, I had a buddy that always wore goggles. Not steampunk, but still cool ones. I envied him for strutting his style so freely. 
Now I'm finally doing the same. And I love it! A friend gave me these goggles. I painted them and used gears that my Mom had sent me a while back to add some flair.
I also took apart a pair of aviator glasses my Mom had sent. They were pretty twisted, so I'm giving them a new life. Used the glass lenses to add a greenish color tint to my goggles.

Loving the effect! 

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - what my kids always tell me :) 

I decided each side should have its own unique design to it.
So I switched up the pattern of gears. My engineer husband has plans to help me attach movable parts to create this effect next time: 
So what do you think?
Next, I am going to attempt to make pouches that I can attach to my belt and wear with my corset top. I have multiple sizes of glass bottles to put in them. Hoping to complete it all before Halloween. Around that time, we are wanting to go to Free Comic Book Day for Halloween and maybe catch an event at a local collectible's shop next to our favorite photographer!

No comments:

Post a Comment