Saturday, August 5, 2017

Christmas started in July?!

Seriously... when did Christmas tree shopping start in July? And why is the "fall" decor already having a 40% off sale in Hobby Lobby?? Where have the times gone?! 

Okay, moving on now...

I've been slowly working on gifts for the remaining birthdays and Christmas. I'm searching for things that aren't run-of-the-mill. Trying my hands at crafts. And yes, checking clearance. Its the thought that counts, not how much money was spent. Besides, I still to what I know about people and try to be creative in what I give them. 
Tonight, I had to go to Walmart since my baby girl is teething and ran out of her Tylenol. You parents with teethers and those who have passed this phase know exactly what I mean! She busted the one through the skin tonight and was screaming bloody murder into my ear while doing so. She wouldn't take her nap and wanted bottle after bottle because its soothing, but I can't give her that or she throws up everywhere. So... to Walmart my husband and I went! 


(Yes, she's wearing a super hero shirt and looks adorable!)
While there, we also went to look for pajamas for my older daughter. She will be turning 5 next weekend. *eeee!* Where has the time gone?! My baby isn't a baby anymore. She's starting kindergarten in a couple more weeks. I'm excited, but also sad. Anyhow, we needed to get her a gift and she's been needing some new pjs. Walmart, at least our store, has a very limited selection. As a matter of fact, most of the ones they had on the one rack of pajamas were on clearance. But guess what size they didn't have? Yep. Hers. So that was a no-go. But wait! I need to get gifts for my two younger sisters. And they had everything in their sizes. So now that I know that, I'll be going back to get them pajamas or shirts in the cute horse and unicorn prints. They also had all their Wonder Woman clothes for girls on clearance.
Is it just me, or was that movie a bust? I mean, all the Wonder Woman merchandise is already on clearance. Or was it a great movie that no one needed the stuff for? Hmm... Haven't seen the movie still (shocking, right?!), so don't ruin it for me. Even if it wasn't that great, I have to satisfy my WW craze. She is my hero after all. And I did like her in the Batman movie. 
We also grabbed a couple tee shirts for baby girl. She is outgrowing her onesies and I try to put her in tees and pants when she's crawling around on our stained concrete floors so that she's not scraping her legs. They were $2 a piece. Not a huge discount, but I only needed a couple more. 

We checked the clearance aisle. I like that Walmart keeps it mostly to one valley (that is retail talk for an aisle with both sides having the same thing). There, was where I found some pretty good deals. Like the doll food set for a few bucks.
My sisters are into the American Girl dolls and are thrilled to have 18" dolls to play with. My girls are getting their own from their Nana as well. So I had to grab this fun set to add to my sisters' collection. 
I found these bath toys for the baby. She is quite the inquisitive one who loves to splash and play in the bath. Unfortunately, we only have Mommy and Daddy's stuff like soap bottles in the tub. So now she has actual toys to play with. Best of all, they were only .50 each. There were some toothbrushes on clearance. I can't do the cheap brands. They always leave bristles in my mouth. But these Colgate ones should work. I grabbed a few to keep on hand. Plus, I have them in case family visits and needs one. They rang up .50 each, which was cheaper than the sticker said. 

My final grab was a framed mirror. I had this big bag of pearls my mother sent me.
And I've been using them for various projects.
But I still have so many left. Then, while on Pinterest (so addicting!), I came across a marvelously cute idea for a girls room decor item. And it spawned another idea that would make the perfect gift for my oldest daughter. I decided to decorate a mirror with pearls to hang in her room. She loves to dress up and dance around. And a couple times, I've caught her doing so in the bathroom in front the mirror. Now, she will be able to in her own room! In addition, its girly. Just like her. But classy enough that she can grow with it as well. I have to get more glue sticks, but I'm excited about it so far!
Yes, I went to Walmart for one thing. I left with much more.
BUT, in my defense, I now have some more gifts out the way. Who else out there has already started putting gifts to the side??

16 comments:

  1. I am horrible with gifts regardless of whether I plan on making them or buying them! Seems like you have some great ideas here though and good idea to start early. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely saves you money, frustration, anxiety, and best of all - you can budget. No last minute credit card purchases!

      Delete
  2. I have. I have a couple more gifts for 2 grands and then I turn to the children at home. Amazon makes it so much easier these days to do shopping that this is a breeze. And since I don't have to go to WalMart, then I can buy only what I want and they ship it to me for free. No more over spending. I have started. I am also making it easy by only doing 1 gift per person verses 5 or so. And for the mirror, I would glue it on with superglue (dollar tree) or E600 (Walmart craft department). I sent you a tree form (Styrofoam) you can glue them to for a Christmas décor or gift for inlaws décor. Anyway, everyone likes a deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree with the Amazon thing. I can get pretty carried away in a store if I'm not careful. Mostly in the clearance aisle... but still. I'll look for that other glue. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I always have so many ideas for gifts beforehand, but then somehow get distracted and don't remember until the last minute...so i probably should start getting Christmas gifts since by the time December rolls around I will most likely be way behind...hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I would be if I didn't have a list written down! I make a list of what we have and for who. Then a list of the ideas for the rest of people.

      Delete
  4. I'm a last minute Christmas shopper for sure. Kudos to you for putting away some goodies early. I try to avoid Walmart for just that reason. You always come out with more than you came in there for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do try! lol I have quite a few people on it, so I have to get a heads start. And yes, shopping in person is dangerous to the wallet! haha

      Delete
  5. Oh my! Days is really so fast. Christmas is already coming in a few months and i cant wait. I love christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christmas is fun! But so much to prepare for :)

      Delete
  6. WOW so super affordable cute ideas. Thanks for sharing them. Your daughter is a cuite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to help! And thank you! That she is :)

      Delete
  7. I have the same:D When I see such a nice things on sale I have that mind in my head "oh I need tat for Christmas present:D"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Start early, but make it a great one!

      Delete
  8. Lol yes Fall is almost near. This year went by pretty quickly and can't believe it's time to start shopping for fall decor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Back to school starts in two weeks, then you have one holiday after another...

      Delete