Speaker Stardom

Speaker Stardom | An Elite Booking Agency & Academy

For you the meeting planner, Speaker Stardom will spend hours researching our speakers to ensure they have outstanding stage craft, storytelling skills and something fresh to say in their field of expertise giving you peace of mind that earns your confidence and trust.

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Care packages from Mom!

What better way to get through the summer than with things sent by my Mom?! The kids and I are like children in the toy store every time. Even though she tells me mostly what she is sending, its like that surprise gift. 
She sent this one Priority, but as usual, the Postal Service took its sweet time. I told her to save her money and stick with regular post next time. After all, they earned the name, Snail Mail, for a reason! 

She had sent a large stack of clothing for the weed I call my baby girl. She is shooting through her 9-12 month clothes already. So its time to start getting those next sizes. And since my Mom loves to spoil her grand babies, she sends what they need as often as she finds them with great deals. Most of these were clearance deals. 
Then we have a Wonder Woman shirt for me!
Yay! And this cool bracelet with a note about painting it gold for a Wonder Woman cosplay.
I love my Mother! She read my mind without knowing... or did she? I had been thinking that it would be cool to find cuff bracelets that I could use for that cosplay. One down and 1-2 more to go! 
Mom also sent this big bag of pearls. Not sure what I will do with those yet. And some Pez dispensers for the kiddos. There was also some little princess figures for my oldest daughter.
And lastly, a gift that I will give to my brother for Christmas. 

But I don't have to wait for packages to get some neat finds. I went this past Saturday to the nearest flea market.
Its not something I indulge in often, but since I only had my youngest baby why not! I'm quite surprised at the things I came across. My first purchase was a Padme Amidala doll for $5.
I'm collecting them and she makes my second one. I found some Disney Infinity characters for $3 each or 2 for $5. This game is being discontinued, but the figures, or game pieces, are still out there. We have the console piece and I pick up the characters for it when I find them decently priced. So I grabbed a couple of them to offer the kids as incentives for doing more chores around the house.
This summer has been busy building a chore list and teaching them responsibility. I also picked up Star Wars action figures. My oldest son loves these! He plays by himself or with siblings, imagining the stories he loves so well with the figures in his hands. Those I got for .50 each.

We might not be able to afford Schlitterbahn or 6 Flags, but we are finding fun in other ways!

18 comments:

  1. Those are great deals! Summer doesn't mean spending yourself into debt. Every were has free stuff. Parks are usually free and fun. Hoses work for free fun as well. Dollar tree has $1 tarps. Wet them and squirt some dish soap on the. Kids slip and slide and get clean at same time. Cheap fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think of the tarp idea! That's a great one!

      Delete
  2. I love that you said your daughter was growing so fast, then you mentioned you had sons....and your mom sent the WONDER WOMAN shirt! Yes ma'am! You are a true Wonder Woman in my eyes! Love it! So sweet of your mom. - Cheryl Whitt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kiddos are all growing up too fast. I love them dearly, even when they drive me nuts! lol Thank you! I do my best. And I love my Mother. She's the best :)

      Delete
  3. Lucky you to have such a sweet Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boyfriend is 27 and still gets cute care packages from him mom! She sends things for my son as well, and they are always so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's the best thing. When Moms still care about their kids enough to do things like that. As a Nana, she adores spoiling her grandkids. Its her right. As a Mom, she does it for her kids because she's a loving giver :)

      Delete
  5. Nice collection! I love that you teach them responsibility at an early age!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, I think that's the only way to ensure they grow up being responsible, good adults.

      Delete
  6. Those are some really great deals! I love your Moms care package. My mom sends me things too and I love receiving them. It's the best to get stuff from your mom. I love the idea of the Wonder Woman bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO nice to send out care packages! Seems like someone is a Star Wars Fan? --Obi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! This Jedi loves her Star Wars and is training her Padawans to follow in her footsteps.

      Delete
  8. Such a great package from your mom. I love that Wonder Woman shirt and the deals on the Disney Infinity figures were great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are amazing deals. The Game Over store charges $10 a piece for theirs.

      Delete
  9. I never got to collect figurines as my mum finds them a waste of space and money! Kinda envy how you allow your kids to do so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I understand where your mom is coming from, I still think its important for kids' imagination. I spent hours playing with my figurines. So many stories I created and worlds I visited without needing to leave home or have money. I want to encourage my children to do that.

      Delete