Why should Schlitterbahn be your choice this summer? They offer free parking, free life jackets for your precious ones, splash zones are designed to be safe for even the littlest guests, and best of all you can bring a cooler full of food!
98% of the water in the park is recaptured, filtered and reused throughout the season. At the newest resort in San Padre Island was built from wood reclaimed from the wildfires in Austin.
Its the perfect place to make memories with your loved ones this summer. especially your little ones. Its safe and fun. My favorite memories would be coasting down a ride while my husband follows behind and then, since I'm lighter, I keep zooming away while he slows up. Then I slowly float down the river to the docking area.
There are few things you should remember when planning your trip though...
- Wear swim shoes or flip flops. But with flip flops, be prepared to need to tuck them in somewhere while racing down the fast rides or squish your toes on them to hold them on. That water could take your shoes.
- Schlitterbahn parks are among the largest in the nation. There will be places that get hot without shade or outdoor carpeting. Wear sun tan lotion and bring extra. While you are in the sun and especially in and out of water, the sun can be brutal if you are not prepared. So you will need to keep reapplying throughout the day. Also keep your shoes with you at all times.
- Pack a lunch with plenty of drinks! They do allow you to bring food and drinks along. Just no alcohol or glass containers for safety reasons. The park does offer things like funnel cake and turkey legs though among others.
- My husband reminded me that you might want to wear sturdy glasses that can withstand the ride or take them off during the ride. Same can be said for hats. Having them attached to strings so they can't come off could be a great idea.
- Bring your waterproof camera to capture the fun moments! And remember to keep your ID, money, cards in a waterproof container. We found wonderful waterproof necklace containers before that carried everything and fit around your neck nicely but with adjustable tightness that doesn't let it get too snug.
There are also lots of fun facts that can get your kids into the fun while learning.
2) Schlitterbahn has been the birthplace of nearly every waterpark ride innovation including the world’s first uphill water coaster and the inland surfing ride, the Boogie Bahn.
3) Every park has a claim to fame:
·New Braunfels: World’s longest tube ride; America’s Favorite Waterpark
·South Padre: World’s first Transportainment system where interconnected rivers are queue lines for rides.
·Galveston: World’s favorite indoor park
·Kansas City: Midwest’s longest tubing adventure
So prepare for your fun adventure and let me know what you think about Schlitterbahn! What is your favorite ride?