Monday, April 1, 2013

My cheesy pasta and beef casserole recipe

The other night I found myself standing in front the pantry surveying what groceries I had left. In the refrigerator, I had a pound of ground beef thawed out. So I was now trying to decide what to cook with it. I came up with the following and it pleased even my pickiest of eaters. Enjoy!

What you will need:
1 package of pasta (I used penne)
2 cans cream of celery
1 lb ground beef
Chopped onion (however much your family likes)
Garlic salt and herbs of your choice
About a half of a block of cheese shredded
1 can of mixed vegetables
Cook and drain the pasta as well as the ground beef. Spray 13 x 9 inch pan. Combine pasta, ground beef, cream of celery, chopped onion, vegetables, and some of the cheese in the pan. Sprinkle the garlic salt and herbs on top. Spread remaining cheese over all. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the oven on 400 for about 20 minutes or so until the cheese is completely melted and everything is hot.

I’d normally add bell peppers and chopped tomato as well, but I didn’t have any on hand.
Leave me a comment if you try it and how your family liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment