Monday, September 17, 2018

Going Without Salt CAN Taste Great!

Going to a low sodium diet has been an eye opening experience to say the least. It was very stressful in the beginning. Looking at all the labels and trying to piece together 3 meals a day without going above 1,200 mg per person. But I think I'm getting into a groove I can follow. For the sake of my boys, I have to. I read all labels now. Every item I would normally buy, I look for a lower sodium version. I search for new recipes. So thankful for Pinterest! 

My first truly low sodium dinner was this fantastic Balsamic Chicken and Veggies meal I found. The kids complained about the asparagus, but who cares? They have to eat more veggies and this was so delicious! As I find more recipes that we love, I'm going to share them with you all. 
Balsamic Chicken and Veggies

1 lb chicken breast tenderloins
10 oz fresh asparagus
1 cup shredded carrots
1 small tomato
2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp honey
1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
2 tbsp olive oil
1/8 tsp red pepper (optional)
Saute the veggies in the olive oil, together. Get them soft, but a little crisp still. Cook the chicken in the balsamic, honey and Italian dressing until completely done. Mix it all together and simmer for about 5 more minutes. Voila! Dinner is served. No salt needed. I served rice with it. Brown rice is advisable.

No comments:

Post a Comment