Speaker Stardom

Speaker Stardom | An Elite Booking Agency & Academy

For you the meeting planner, Speaker Stardom will spend hours researching our speakers to ensure they have outstanding stage craft, storytelling skills and something fresh to say in their field of expertise giving you peace of mind that earns your confidence and trust.

Friday, June 16, 2017

Cars 3 movie review

I LOVE being a part of Sly Fox. They get the word out on upcoming movies and offer their "press" members the chance to pre-screen movies and review them. I don't often get to go, but I like it when I do. 
The latest one I was a part of was the Cars 3 movie. I took my kids and husband along. We made it a family night out event. 
When I first got the invitation, I was thinking, "No way. Its going to be dumb and a waste of effort." After all, how many series in the movie industry are worth their time? Star Wars, Star Trek, Maze Runner... Those are what come to mind for me as being good all the way through. Hunger Games was pretty good... but I didn't like the ending or the fact that the girl couldn't pick a guy and stay firm in her choice of who she loved. But I digress. In the end, I felt this would be another failed movie made by creators who are low on ideas and dragging the series into a trilogy that will crash and burn. 
To my surprise, though, the apprehension I felt was short lived. 
The comedic lines run strong throughout the movie. Lightning McQueen is no longer the spotlight racer he once was. He has used his mentors, Doc Hudson, training to reach the top. But now he is running against a younger, new generation of racers. The people he had become used to racing against is slowly being pushed from the sport. A choice has to be made. Does he accept that he is not the racer of now and move on to the next step in his career? Or does he try to change and learn the new way racing is taking the track? 

In his pursuit of the future, he meets Cruz, his personal trainer. Through the course of training, he will find that one doesn't really stop learning. And that the lessons you learn can reveal that there is more to a person than meets the immediate eye. 
I think this movie would make a great ending to the series. It was cute, very family-friendly, and worth the fun time we spent watching it together. This is one of my favorite scenes from the movie.

Let me know what you think about it!

2 comments: