Sunday, May 14, 2017

Let the fun continue!

We have less than 3 weeks before I walk down the aisle to be joined to the  love of my life. Yesterday, we had the meeting with our venue to set in stone the minute details of the ceremony and reception.
We have a floor plan, we have food choices, table set up, and timelines down. It was rather comical. Three of us sitting at the table are OCD. I can't handle odd numbers. My fiance and I both needed a uniform color scheme. Meaning each table had to be exactly the same. He insisted our table needed 2 centerpieces. And my mother-in-law needed the tables to be set up in a particular pattern. My venue planner was extremely understanding and patient with us. For this OCD woman, it's a gust of fresh air after holding my breath for too long. I don't have to worry about what will happen or when. I just have to finish preparing the guest favors, flowers and find some shoes.
I would not have made it to this point without the help of my mother and father, my mother-in-law, my sister-in-law, my grandmother-in-law, and a couple of my dearest friends. The love and support from them, the contributions... It has all been overwhelming. I could never thank them enough! Of course I also appreciate all the well wishes and encouragement I have had from everyone else.
My sister-in-law and mother-in-law threw an amazing bridal/bachelorette party. There were fun games and some awesome gifts. Especially the one from my fiances grandmother. She truly put thought and effort into it by making the opening a game. I made way too many cookies. Including these Strawberry and White Chocolate ones.
It was a great night. We shared stories about life experiences. It was a much needed chance to unwind a little and let loose. To shake off the worries that have been crowding my mind this week.

5 comments:

  1. That looks awesome! Is that picture where you guys will get married? And where are the pictures of your dress, your sisters dress, your mom, etc? Im dying to see them! Cant believe its almost here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hint, you know me LOL!!!

      Delete
    2. Yes, its on Lake Travis. In Austin. Beautiful place! And I tried on the dress, but it isn't ready yet. Will try to get a picture this weekend if I can. I don't have pictures to share of them yet.

      Delete