Speaker Stardom

Speaker Stardom | An Elite Booking Agency & Academy

For you the meeting planner, Speaker Stardom will spend hours researching our speakers to ensure they have outstanding stage craft, storytelling skills and something fresh to say in their field of expertise giving you peace of mind that earns your confidence and trust.

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Beauty and the Beast - Remade?

This movie was highly anticipated by yours truly. However, I have my doubts about how good it will actually be. At first, I wondered if Emma Watson was the Belle I grew up with. Then Lumiere's character has the wrong voice actor. Sorry, but the one from the animated version, Jerry Orbach, is perfection in my mind. Instead they have used Ewan McGregor who, in my opinion, can't get the accent correct for this French-based fairy tale.
He is Scottish for crying out loud! And now I am finding out that Disney has decided to create LeFou as a gay character. He is finding out what he feels. He is realizing that he has these new feelings. As the director stated, "I keep saying it's more like the first gay moment," he said. "Because I think it's a very fluid character." The director added: "You can't help but wonder in his adoration of Gaston ... (is there) something more going on?"
"LeFou is somebody who on one day wants to be Gaston and on another day wants to kiss Gaston," Condon told Attitude. "He's confused about what he wants. It's somebody who's just realising that he has these feelings." (Featured in the British gay magazine, Attitude)

This is not the story I grew up with. Beauty and the Beast is my all time favorite. I could care less about the movement and desire to have equal opportunities for the LGBT groups. All I care about, is the fact that my favorite Disney Princess story is being taken apart and patch worked back together in an obscene mess. I wanted to see the animated version come to life, but in the same vein as the one I saw as a child. After all, she was my hero. And the supporting characters brought her dreams to life. Why can't Disney stick with that? You want to change something? How about you create your own new story? Even Russia is banning children under 16 from seeing it. According to their laws, which are strict in comparison to American laws, you can't put out gay propaganda to minors. Nothing to promote that type of lifestyle.

Again, I don't care what you believe. I don't care what other people's sexual preferences are. I don't care what you deem an acceptable as far as relationships or sexuality goes. What irks me, is that my favorite Princess story is taking changes of such proportions. Why does the children's version need an adult upgrade? Or is it that we are giving adults a new look at the childhood classics because those animated versions are no longer of value to us as adults? Are we so head over heels with Fifty Shades that we are giving the classics a makeover? And if you need to have movies with more tendencies towards the LGBT movement, create your own stories! Or better yet, remake a movie just for you. But leave my favorite alone!

And Disney, come up with something new if you need an outlet to share your pride and garnish more followers. You have a huge following from the past movies as they were. In order to add more, you need to reach towards another audience. Not make changes to what was already considered great. That's how you lose followers and money in the long run. People like me watch the previews on YouTube and never think twice about you again.

1 comment:

  1. You missed the point of why they are making this movie a gay lifestyle movement thing. They want to train up our children that this is a valid lifestyle and that they have to accept it as such. This way when they are grown, they will vote for homosexuals for political office so they can keep their "special rights". It is a sick world we live in. It is hard to raise children as Christians in this country because they are brainwashed God is a joke and you can do and be as perverse as you want to be and it is all acceptable. Just don't support they. That is all you can do these days. And by the way if this movie makes good money, watch for a Frozen part 2 where Elza is gay and finds her girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete