Speaker Stardom

Speaker Stardom | An Elite Booking Agency & Academy

For you the meeting planner, Speaker Stardom will spend hours researching our speakers to ensure they have outstanding stage craft, storytelling skills and something fresh to say in their field of expertise giving you peace of mind that earns your confidence and trust.

Friday, July 22, 2016

Stocking up on diapers is a start

Preparing for my final baby has been quite the adventure. My future mother in law has sent us 2 huge boxes of diapers and one of wipes. She also sent us a crib for her first grandchild.
I've enjoyed the decorating. Yes, Star Wars is the theme for this future nerd. 
It's been a challenge rearranging not only my room, but also my spending priorities to prepare for the arrival of my little girl. I'm doing my best to stock up on essentials and have the things we will need most without purchasing the things I just think are cool. As much as I was tempted to... I resisted the urge to spend $20 on a Wonder Woman onesie for her. Instead I'm taking advantage of sales and coupons to buy diapers. Like this weeks sale at Target. 
Lots of the diapers that come in the $24.94 boxes (Huggies, Pampers and Luvs) were buy 3 and get a $20 gift card back. Plus I printed 3/$2 off coupons from coupons.com. 
I've got a pack for each size now starting at Preemie all the way to 4. Wipes is what I'm going to need more of. I've started sorting clothes that were donated to me by sizes in under the crib storage bins. We have gotten creative with storage. Like hanging this bathroom shelf with an attached bed skirt pocket thing for baby items. 
I did order a tactical diaper bag from ThinkGeek.com.
One thing I use a lot when I have a baby is the diaper bag. It's best to have 2 on hand and one usually comes from the hospital. Those that come from the hospital are great to keep in the van for emergencies. Using them like I would normally ends up with them falling apart quickly. This one is heavy duty and has changeable tags so that mom and dad can switch out. Pockets galore and places to clip things on make storage and organization a dream! It was a little pricey, but not much more than other diaper bags and will be useful for a long time to come. Well worth the investment. I'm eagerly anticipating this little bundle of joy. And each step is a challenge I'm ready to face. 

2 comments: