Friday, September 11, 2015

Olde Westport Spice and Trading Co review

Being a part of the US Family Guide Mom bloggers gives me the chance to try all kinds of things to write reviews on. My most recent and favorite one is the Olde Westport Spice and Trading Co spices that were sent to me.
They have mixes that make various dishes easier. Takes the guess work out of what spices to use together. 
The first one I used was the Championship Chili Spice Blend. Its gluten free and had a great chili recipe on the back. It had a mild flavor when you compare it to normal Texas chili spice. 
Definitely has a strong chili pepper flavor though. I loved how bold it was. It's a great family meal that won my children's approval. I did prefer mine with hot sauce though. 

Olde Bill's Favorite Chili

You will need: 

2 lbs of lean ground beef (or turkey) 
15 ounce can tomato sauce
1 can of water
1 package of Chili seasoning
16 can of beans, drained and rinsed (red, black or pinto work best)

In a saucepan, brown the ground beef, drain well. Stir in tomato sauce, water and seasoning pack. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring often. Lower heat, cover, simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans. Simmer an additional 10 minutes or until heated through. Add salt to taste. 

I also added bell pepper, onions, chopped tomatoes and green onions. 

Three Rivers Chili Verde had an excellent recipe that complimented a plate of rice to the fullest. It was amazing. Creamy, tangy and new. The kids weren't a fan, but I'd love to make this again for guests. It's quick and easy too. You can serve it with rice, pasta or even a baked potato. 
Easy Creamy Green Chili Chicken Soup

What you need:

1 (26 oz) can cream of chicken soup
1 (11 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
2 (13 oz) cans cooked chicken breast meat, drained
1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk (1 1/2 cups 2% milk)
2 (4 oz) cans diced green chili peppers (1 cup)
1 package Olde Westport Chili Verde Mix

Add all ingredients into a heavy saucepan, stir until smooth. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat, lower heat, cover, simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. 


I modified this recipe just a bit by adding diced tomatoes. 

They also sent me the Garlic Shake and the Mesquite seasoning. I made some pan fried pork chops.
They were delicious! Each kind was flavorful. The garlic shake was the perfect blend for a casserole I made too. 
I mixed it with the chicken first. 
Definitely worth checking out if you're a foodie looking for a perfect mix. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks good. Were do they sell it? I would like to try some of these recipes. Especially the chili.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like they are located in the Midwest only. You'd have to buy online. https://oldewestportspice.com/stores/

      Delete