Thursday, October 30, 2014

Caramel Apple cake, oh my!

Its the wonderful season of caramel apples and fall flavors! I was wanting to try something new in cake form to bring to work. The last treats I made looked like Easter ones.
They were colorful with several different flavorings for the icing.
 
I went searching for recipes and found this one: Moist Caramel Apple Cake. That wasn't quite the recipe for me though. So I decided to experiment with that one and my Plain White Cake recipe. I wanted to create something a little more special. I came up with the following!
 
Caramel Apple Bundt Cake
 
What you will need: 
 
Cake batter
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup milk
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and coarsely chopped

1 pkg. (3.4 oz) Jell-O Vanilla Instant pudding
3/4 cup water
 
Drizzle
1 can (13.4 oz) Nestle Le Lechera caramel
3 tablespoons milk
 
Mix it up:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
 
In the same order as listed, mix your ingredients together for the cake batter. Spray your bundt pan with cooking spray and put some larger chopped pieces of apple in the bottom.
Then pour your batter on top.
I had enough extra batter to make some cupcakes as well, since I doubled the recipe. I put the batter in the paper cups and put a piece of apple slice on top of each one.
Bake 25-30 minutes or until the knife comes out clean.
It make take longer depending on your stove.
Loosen the cake from the pan and flip over onto your cake serving dish. Let it cool completely. Mix the caramel and milk together to make the drizzle.
Warm in the microwave until smooth. Let it slightly thicken and pour over the top of your cake just before serving.
 
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks so good. You know I love to bake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to share more recipes as often as I can. I've been making all kinds of things lately.

      Delete