Sunday, August 3, 2014

Wizard World comic con!

I'm so glad I was able to win free tickets to attend the Wizard World comic con in San Antonio this past Saturday. I've actually never been to one like it. A gamers con, sure. Not a huge celebration to comics and all things that fans would enjoy like this.
I even did some cosplay with a friend who went with me. I must say, we both looked pretty awesome and got our pictures taken with so many other cosplayers. 
They had events, but we weren't really interested in them. We wandered the floor checking out booths that sold just about everything. Steam punk accessories, real animal hide products, hand painted/drawn items, prints from artists, toys from all the favorite anime/comics, and more than I can put down here.
This guy could be heard throughout the day yelling, "Hey, you guys!"
I think we walked for about 3 hours. So many people were in costume. It made me feel like a kid in the candy shop. I have ideas for other costumes I would want to try. 
Groot was a super tall cosplayer! 
This mini Vader was greeting those coming and going. 
There were even families dressing up together. 
Glenda and Mario made for a cute couple. 
These two were absolutely adorable, even if they tried to smack me with the light sabers.... 
A blonde Captain America. Cosplay doesn't mean you have to follow to a T. It's all about having fun! 
Loved this Doctor Who! 
He was a really friendly Spider-Man. 
These two were awesome Frozen sisters! 
Captain Jack Sparrow was being accompanied by the Joker! 
Blade was going for authentic and hit the head on the nail. Shaved hair with designs, teeth, the works! 
This little guy was not only cute but scary. He does cosplay for other horror movies as well. 
Dead pool
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider
Wonder Woman! 
Who you gonna call?! I wonder if they drove the Ecto One we saw parked outside... 
Harley Quinn
So much fun! I can't wait to go to the next one. 

2 comments:

  1. Because he's batman! Okay, creepy clown! Great pictures. You captured fun here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think so! I certainly try. I'm hoping to go to others in the future.

      Delete