Friday, June 13, 2014

Enjoying life

I'm looking forward to going to sleep very soon. Not even 6:30 PM but considering the fact my day started at 2AM... I'm ready. 
My day was filled with all sorts of adventures. Fun at work, where I brought rich brownies for my team.  
I work with a group of interesting characters from all walks of life. They each bring something to the table and play a key role. While I'm sad that two of them are heading out to better jobs, I'm also happy for them. Nothing like going somewhere to get paid more and possibly have better working conditions. Better than the creature who met some merchandise in the wrong way...
We went Target to pick up a couple things. Using coupons, I managed to save about $25 off our bill and get a few freebies!
I tried shopping for more work clothes with no luck. Being tall can really be a curse especially when your job dictates the colors you have to wear. Red and khaki is NOT an easy pair. Why can't I just be like my daughters Barbie? Forever being undressed.
Okay, so I don't want to run around naked. Definitely not the nudist type here. But wearing whatever I wanted would be nice. Like pajamas. 
When we got home, it was time to cook. It seems I spend most of my time at home, in the kitchen. I should consider putting a cot there... We took silly pictures while we waited for it cook.
No matter what kind of day I'm having, I have 3 little rascals who can make me smile and act like the fool willingly. They are my heart and soul. 
Dinner conversation went from my 5 year old asking me to teach him to drive the van when he "grows up" to who has what color eyes and which parent did it come from.
I find that children are fascinated by the smallest of things. Their desire to learn makes me want to get my butt back to school and finish my education. But it also makes me proud that they take after me. 
I've got everything set for us to take the kids to Lowes tomorrow morning. Can't wait to build Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon! He's the coolest so far. Let's just hope my sinus issues don't make a scene. Remember to enjoy the little things. Appreciate what you have. Don't be the cynic. 

A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin. - H.L. Mencken

No comments:

Post a Comment