Tuesday, April 29, 2014

My shopping day....

Yesterday I spent my afternoon after work taking my husband shopping. He wanted to visit the Lego store at North Star mall. I don't know about you, but that's one fun place no matter your age. They have play areas for the kids so you can shop and hang out. And the staff there is always friendly. Brett, Bruce and Noah are among my favorites (but not the only ones). We often bring our own "cups" to fill with parts from the wall. Lego stores no longer attach the stickers showing that you purchased the cup and give the refill price (.50 off) unless you let them know ahead that you are using your own cups. So I got to thinking about it and dug out the labels with our name on them. This way, everyone knows they are our own and he can still get the discount.
While we were leaving, we of course had to pass by the Disney store right next door. I think Disney and Lego have a deal about having their stores right next to each other.... The kids were begging to go in. Who doesn't like looking at all the toys and costumes? Just wait until my Princess is bigger... Anyhow, we decided to let them go look around. My husband wanted to get some pj's for the little lady so we looked there. Can you believe they are completely out of Frozen merchandise?! I didn't find a single thing and they said they still hadn't received replenishments. When I was heading to the checkout counter, I noticed a Sale sign that hung in the corner. Did you know Disney does have clearance?? Well, I had to look of course. You never know what you might find. I found two hoodies for the boys to use next winter. I got them in larger sizes just for that. They were marked down to $14.99 each, marked down from $29.95. I admit, its a little high for a hoodie. But they will love to wear their jackets and it has their favorite characters.
I also found a shirt for myself! I love the Lone Ranger, especially Johnny Depp. While I couldn't find a shirt with his picture on it, I found another with Armie Hammer as the Lone Ranger on it. And it was only $4.99, marked down from $19.95!
Then it was off to HEB that evening. I had bought some cheese and when I opened it to eat, I found mold spots.
Not cool. So I had to take it back and exchange it. I picked up a few other things and saw these sparkling waters...
My husband told me I should at least try one before writing it off. So I grabbed the Orange Cream. It tastes just like orange cream soda. I refuse to try the others. I like my chocolate chip cookies as cookies. And I'm not a fan of bubble gum. What do you think?
Coming up, I'll show you the cool things I got via the mail... Don't forget to share your finds!

2 comments:

  1. After reading I ran to Target but found no great deals like you find. To bad but different stores have different prices based on different clientel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. Even here we have found one store hosting a discount that none of the others have. All in the same city! But different prices.

      Delete