Saturday, December 3, 2011

Buddy Valastro "Cake Boss" comes to San Antonio!

Okay, so I know this is late since it happened back on November 12 of this year... But I figured writing about Buddy come to San Antonio might be fun and interesting. So here goes...
I love watching the TLC show, Cake Boss. Its so much fun! All those yummy cakes, the hilarity of his daily life in New Jersey, and the wide variety of customers that come seeking a special order cake. So when I heard he was coming to San Antonio for a book signing, you can bet I just had to meet him!
He actually came to the HEB that my husband works at off 1604/Blanco. I showed up with my kiddos and met my husband in the line they had. Word spreads fast when a celebrity comes to town, as was evident by the very long line. The book signing was supposed to last an hour or two starting at noon. He came in with his wife and kids and the crowd went absolutely wild. They had a great system set up. Everyone opened their books to the title page and was instructed not to spout of their life story so that the line would flow through smoothly and quickly. After he signed each book, he would pause to say thanks and have a picture taken with each person or group that came up.
Then after moving on from meeting Buddy, we got to have his wife sign the book and get a picture with her as well. Both of them were so sweet. I still love the show and the fact that its one thing I can still enjoy watching with my family. And having met him was truly a wonderful thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment